Senior Project Engineer - Electrical/Power 9/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
The Mott MacDonald Electrical Group is on track to becoming one of the nation s leading electrical engineering consultancy groups. The variety of markets that we work in will always keep the brightest high achievers interested, we design electrical projects from water treatment plants to large road/rail tunnels.
The electrical engineering group is in a growth phase at present which provides excellent opportunities for all staff from the junior electrical engineer to the seasoned electrical project manager. Designs are always completed to the highest ethical standards and include high levels of sustainable design.
The electrical group is a handpicked gathering of electrical engineers with a deep and diversified mix of electrical skills. We have been gathered to provide the best designs and advice for our clients in infrastructure and the built environment.
* Project Management and the management of project budgets, schedules, quality of deliverables
* Development of new clients and maintenance of existing client relationships
* Prepare responses to electrical Request for Proposals and make presentations relating to obtaining electrical work
* Mentoring of junior staff
* Development of electrical and control system plans in the area of water & waste water treatment, tunnelling, SCADA, airports, roadway lighting, and building systems.
* Develop electrical construction cost estimates
* Oversee electrical and control system construction commissioning and start-up
* Oversee electrical and control system construction projects
* Review electrical and controls system shop drawings
* Operate as the Electrical Engineer of Record for a majority of different projects
* This position will be approximately 80% billable in design, the remaining time will be spent in management and customer development activities
* This position will report to the East Unit Electrical Manager located in the corporate headquarters
* 10-15+ years experience in electrical design
* Responding to government and local municipal RFP relating to electrical engineering services
* Making presentations relating to RFP responses Developing electrical scopes and fees related to governmental electrical projects
* A proven track record of successful financial management of electrical engineering projects
* Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to write engineering reports and specifications
* Have the ability to make formal and informal presentations to customers and potential customers
* Design and construction experience of Medium Voltage (5kV to 35kV) client owned substations and systems are critical.
* Water and/or Wastewater experience would be a big advantage.
* Design experience in both underground and overhead low voltage distribution.
* Electrical analysis experience in performing electrical load flow, breaker coordination, short circuit, and arc flash calculations using SKM Power Tools Design experience related to emergency generator sizing and load calculations.
* This design experience needs to include utility grade generator paralleling.
* Design experience relating to variable frequency drives. The VFD experience needs to include IEEE-519 harmonic experience including 6 and 18 pulse drives in both low and medium voltage.
* Design experience with electrical motors of 500 hp and greater Design experience with low voltage power services 3000 amps and larger.
* Design experience using intelligent motor control centers
* Experience in performing electrical load studies and field investigations to obtain required electrical data.
* Be able to evaluate the condition of electrical equipment in the field and make recommendations to customers related to required electrical upgrades.
* Have a thorough understanding of NFPA 70 and NFPA 70E
* Have experience in in the use of IESNA standards associated with lighting.
* Have experience in both interior and exterior lighting.
* Exterior experience to include both roadway and ball field lighting.
Educational/ Licensure Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from four-year college or university or equivalent required.
* Professional Engineering (PE) License required, with the ability to obtain a PE in all states bordering NJ within one year..