Senior Project Engineer, Sustaining Engineering - Sheboygan, WI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Senior Project Engineer, Sustaining Engineering - Sheboygan, WI
Are you someone who thrives in an environment that allows you to use your creativity and expertise to architect solutions to challenging problems? Join an exciting product development team where your ideas, hard work ethic, and team work are appreciated and recognized - and where you get to see the results of our work in consumer's everyday lives.
The Senior Project Engineer will provide technical direction and project leadership in the development of development of ES, enclosures, and standard tanks pertaining to generator sets. Technical scope includes a working knowledge of thermodynamics, internal combustion engines, static and dynamic stress analysis as well as an understanding of electrical theory. He or she will coordinate and guide efforts of Engineering Analysts and Lab Technicians. The engineer will choose materials and components which result in high quality, high performance, and cost-effective generators. He or she will research new and apply proven technology to designs. This position requires a self-motivated, individual with a sense of urgency toward project completion and a drive to maintain engineering excellence. This individual must be willing to work in a matrix environment and be able to manage multiple projects or tasks. Projects are expected to be completed on schedule and within financial commitments.
* Assist in establishing product requirements with Marketing Product Mangers. Use those requirements to create functional specification establishing design targets.
* Create project timelines using Microsoft Project software. Provide preliminary project spending estimates. Work with Marketing to present project business case.
* Provide technical and design direction to Engineering Analysts, and other Engineers. Design assigned generator sets to meet performance and cost criteria.
* Approve the selection of all major purchased components (i.e. radiators, fans, air cleaners, engines, ect.) and support the selection with sound engineering calculations.
* Work with Accounting and Procurement functions to track actual project spending and product costs keeping them within prescribed boundaries.
* Validate designs through testing to meet performance, reliability, and durability targets.
* Support, maintain and update existing product designs.
* Use project management skills to keep projects on schedule.
* Provide concise and timely status reports on the progress of each assigned project.
* Lead continual improvement initiatives to streamline internal business processes and support system upgrades.
* Support all products as customer field issues or production issues arise. Drive team to finding long term solutions to these issues.
* BSME (Bachelor of Science - Mechanical Engineering from ABET Accredited Institution).
* 3+ years of mechanical engineering experience with development of new consumer or industrial products.
* Pursuit or completion of MSME (Masters of Science - Mechanical Engineering) a plus.
* Experience with generator sets a plus.
* Experience with engines a plus.
* Experience with sheet metal design preferred.
* Strong 3D CAD design experience; experience with PTC Creo a plus.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates' development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual's personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohler.com .
It is Kohler's policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com . Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.