Senior Project Engineering Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Strong growth, global manufacturer has an immediate opening for a Senior Project Engineering Manager located in the Boston (southern) area. The Project Engineering Manager is a proven leader who is responsible for providing leadership, planning & direction to the plant operations and will lead and support large complex projects within the company. This will involve the development and delivery of complex project plans and project leadership of diverse cross functional project teams. This role will require the use of project management, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma and innovation management principles and tools within the site. This individual will be a member of the Engineering Strategic Leadership Team.
Duties will include:
- Work on Product Development Projects within any of the product platforms.
- Create, implement, report and communicate project plans.
- Identify critical path or road blocks within a project and solution options.
- Ensure plans and deliverables are compliant with appropriate design control procedures.
- Develop project scope and objectives for complex projects involving New Product Development, Cost Improvement Projects and product transfers.
- Establish and track critical milestones, timelines and contingency plans.
- Collaborate with planning, scheduling and manufacturing personnel to ensure effective customer service throughout the supply chain.
- Seek out continuous improvement opportunities and oversees timely implementation of efficient manufacturing practices.
- Identify and implement potential cost savings and project execution improvements.
- Participate in qualitysystem reviews and development of systems to improve compliance.
- Integrate manufacturing, packaging and distribution capabilities.
- Manage project team activities during project implementation.
- Direct communication of project status, milestones, timelines, and budget to management.
You must be able to identify project tasks, develop plans and then implement plans. You should have experience driving performance in at least a 250 employee+ manufacturing environment. Looking for Lean/Six Sigma problem solving skills. You will actively participate in strategic planning.
BSdegreeEngineering is preferred. A Master's degree in Engineering would be a plus as would an MBA. You should have 7+ years of leadership/management/operations experience in a manufacturing environment. Regulated industry experience is preferred (pharma, medical device, FDA, etc) . We are looking for a proven leader that has a relentless pursuit of goals focus! Six Sigma Belt certified is preferred. You should be results oriented. Experience in Engineering, Logistics and/or other related Operations functions preferred.
This is for an industry leader that puts a high value on quality of life, skill & career growth. This position has an strong compensation package (base salary range of $110-165k ) + Bonus + tremendous benefit and retirement programs. Paid relocation assistance is available.