Senior Project Lead - Product Design
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
VWR International, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsible for developing, designing and transitioning customer-specific products, other products and customer and product revisions and requirements; manage, plan and lead the implementation process to meet customer, corporate, compliance and product specifications and requirements.
* Manage key customer-specific and corporate new product introductions; from project review and cost estimation, to introduction of new product to meet customer quality and on-time expectations.
* May manage customer and product requirements, including but not limited to: change control, supplier changes/discontinuations, product changes, product line additions/ deletions/ changes, requirements from Quality Agreements, etc.
* Manage effective project communication both internally and externally.
* Design Customer supplied ideas for new products and services.
* Design and execute experimental action plans, including timelines and transition plans, in support of customer-specific and in-house projects; including results review, decision point evaluation and action plan amendments.
* Provide final deliverables and inputs to the Engineering and Validation functions for the execution of scale-up and validation requirements where needed.
* Manage the development of packaging and/or delivery systems to meet customer, corporate and regulatory requirements and initiatives. .
* Leads cross-functional Product Transfer Team to understand and implement best options for work flow and production capabilities to be used for new product opportunities and revision requirements.
* Leads the activities for the creation and review of code work including code master generation, manufacturing protocol/quality control masters, packaging and finished goods templates, filling, labeling and assembly instructions, label masters, and other documentation as necessary and appropriate to produce the products and to manage necessary revisions.
* Document all project information including timelines, data analytics, results, etc.
* Provide training to and oversight for new product transfer, and as necessary for revisions, to Operations and other departments as necessary and appropriate to achieve effective product transfer.
* Engage and coordinate requirements as needed with third party vendors/service providers/distribution centers/contractors to assure effective product transfer, introduction and revisions.
* Identify and coordinate with functional leads for required resource availability and allocation across functional areas.
* Develop, lead and guide risk management for projects and new products through cross-functional teams.
* Create and maintain comprehensive project and product documentation that meets the needs of customers, corporate, product, quality, regulatory and all other project requirements.
* Successfully manage the relationship and interactions with all stakeholders; internal and external.
Experience & Skills:
* Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, MS Project and PowerPoint (or equivalents) programs
* Knowledge of QA systems and validation
* Ability to develop project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget
* Ability to analyze data and make decisions based on analysis/review of such data
* Ability to lead teams and work effectively cross-functionally
* Demonstrates attention to detail
* Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently
* Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
* Ability to effectively engage leaders from cross functional areas and implement needed resources, requirements, actions to successfully launch products6
* Bachelor s degree with a primary focus in a field of science
* 6-8 years related experience and/or training in the Life Sciences industry
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level. Position may frequently require temporary exposure to operational production and laboratory environments.
* Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
* A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
* Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is the leading, global, independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers. With sales in excess of $4.3 billion in 2015, VWR enables science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR has cultivated a value proposition delivering product choice, operational excellence and differentiated services to improve our customers' productivity from research to production. VWR's differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 9,300 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
VWR s differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 8,500 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed.
We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job,