Senior Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary:
The Senior Project Manager successfully leads cross-functional Product Introduction Teams, responsible for bringing a new product idea from the idea stage to realization. These cross-functional teams will execute the development, piloting and industrialization of the product portfolio. The Senior Project Manager implements project management best practices to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and in adherence to specification.
You must be able to motivate, lead and incentivize people on your team in order to be successful in this role.
The Project Manager is fully responsible for the overall success of their assigned projects by:
- Developing, tracking and updating the project schedule.
- Managing projects utilizing the MKS Product Development Process.
- Proactively managing risks and issues including development of mitigation plans and escalation, when necessary.
- Organizing team meetings.
- Sustaining and improving team dynamics, morale and motivation.
- Building a team where all members and points of view are respected he/she is responsible for the overall performance of the team.
- Communicating project status to the project teams, management and other stakeholders.
- Managing, facilitating, and documenting regular project status meetings.
- Clearly communicating roles, expectations, work direction to all team members on a regular basis.
- Holding team members accountable to meet timeline expectations.
- Assuring adherence to defined product development processes in all scoped projects.
- Regularly keeping management informed of problems, issues, and status of on-going projects.
- Providing feedback to functional managers towards the performance of project resources.
-Monitoring the project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with external customers or field-based employees, as required.
- Driving improvement by continuously identifying areas to increase efficiency and eliminate non-value-add steps/functions from the current process.
-Supporting the MKS Program Management Office (PMO) by sharing and utilizing Best Known Methods (BKM s), following MKS product development processes, owning and updating Business Unit project performance data, supporting PMO initiatives, and managing, facilitating, and documenting Product/Project Steering Committee meetings, chaired by the Business Unit General Manager.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor s degree, preferably in engineering or a technical field, or equivalent experience. Master s Degree is a plus and PM certification is desired.
- Minimum 9 years related experience; minimum 5 years of experience managing projects.
- Previous project management leadership required.
-Experience in the Semiconductor industry is a plus.
- Applicants must have a track record of leading cross-functional teams to execute customer driven projects.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to drive a project to completion.
- Strong communication skills to all functional levels, from Sr. Management to peers, and to all functions required to complete tasks.
- Effective planning/organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project and other project management tools.
- Knowledge of general quality practices and procedures preferred.
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.