Senior Project Manager 8/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Sr Project Manager
mAs the project manager, you will lead and manage infrastructure and software developent projects throughout the entire lifecycle. You will work closely with the infrastructure engineers, development resources, QA resources, and Business partners to deliver suitable software solutions. The role is responsible for managing all delivery aspects of technology projects with varying complexity which requires a thorough understanding of software development, business functions and processes, and an in-depth understanding of the organization's technology portfolio.
The main responsibilities of this role are to liaise with project stakeholders, manage resources within the project and manage the delivery of the project from initial concept through to delivery. The successful candidate should be highly organized and motivated with good communication and team skills, and to be experienced in having managed projects in a structured environment and ideally on a global level.
* Manage multiple complex infrastructure & software development projects in a constantly changing Agile delivery organization
* For all projects, develop and manage the following:
* Project Plan
* Financial Performance & Oversight
* Release Plan
* Deployment Plan
* Communications (Meeting Minutes & Action Items)
* Identifies all risks associated with the project and determines mitigating action plans to reduce the likelihood of the risk occurring and contingencies in case the risk does happen
* Takes corrective action to improve the RAG status of the project where necessary
* Manage, monitor and control internal resources to deliver project objectives
* Organize/facilitate daily stand-up meetings via telephone, web and face-to-face
* Liaise with international teams both internal and external to manage global roll-outs
* Provide weekly updates to the program manager for senior management reports
* Occasional travel between US company sites as well as some international travel will be required
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
* Experience in managing projects on a global scale
* Demonstrated experience in leading teams
* Must be a self-motivated team player, with strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail along with an aptitude to take ownership of duties
* Understanding of technology development lifecycle
* Proven stakeholder management skills at all levels of the organization both internally and externally
* Must be able to multitask
* Ability to design items of communication to convey complex issues in an easily understood fashion to team members and project sponsors
* Excellent project management skills including previous use of PM tools and techniques
* Mandatory 8+ years' experience in project management
* Experienced in Agile & Waterfall Methodologies
* Used to working in a high pressure and demanding environment
* Proficient with MS Office tools especially Project, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Adaptable and flexible
COMMUNICATION - HIGHLY DEVELOPED
Maximizes communication, making sure that important messages are being communicated and checks for understanding.
TEAMWORK - DEVELOPED
Sets up teams/groups and involves them in achieving goals. Develops good relationships and cooperation within the team, and removes barriers.
INITIATIVE - DEVELOPED
Looks for opportunities to use new ideas and changes to improve business performance. Seeks to enhance own creativity. Implements changes.
ADAPTABILITY - DEVELOPED
Introduces new ways of doing things and encourages other to accept them. Supports change and overcomes barriers to change.
Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Travelrequired: 10%