Senior Project Manager - BARDA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
This is a project management role leading a cross functional team to deliver a complex multiple year project. The initial project is funded by government grant requiring this resource to have experience managing and delivering a product on time per a plan while ensuring contract compliance. This individual will maintain visibility to the project status and work with product development and supporting functions. Responsibilities include budget reimbursement oversight, grant, contract and project milestone compliance, all required functional group alignment, facilitation of the project team and communication to business management. This individual works with the Business Management Team, Grants Management Office, Finance and external funding partners to ensure alignment and compliance to contract commitments for deliverables and budget. This role requires experience managing projects funded by external grants and contracts.
* Creates and executes complex project plans, and revises them as appropriate for project needs.
* Defines and manages projects of moderate to large scope.
* Facilitates and coordinates project activities and tasks to execute the project plan.
* Manages scope, schedule and cost within plan.
* Ensures proper assignment and coordination of resources per plan.
* Facilitates the definition of quality and risk, and manages the project accordingly. Resolves and/or escalates project-related issues in a timely fashion.
* Tracks status and metrics on the project delivery and value; escalates to functional management upon identification of deviations (or potential deviations) from plan.
* Effectively manages communications, expectations, and interactions with all departments and internal stakeholders.
* Delivers informative, well-organized presentations on project status and selected project topics.
* Effectively utilizes each team member to accomplish the project objectives.
* Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
* Facilitates project governance and maintains project-management documentation.
* Contributes to departmental portfolio management.
* Participates as a member of a project team.
* Partners with various managers to successfully implement projects.
* Usually manages multiple projects simultaneously.
* Ensures adherence to organizational policies and procedures including design controls and the product development process.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor s degree in science or technical field preferred, or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
* Minimum 8 years of full-time project management experience in a related field such as BARDA contracts, technical product development, or other discipline.
* Knowledge of and experience with project management disciplines, methodology and tools.
* Successful completion of global projects involving stakeholders from multiple regions (North America, Latin America, Asia-Pacific, EMEA) strongly preferred.
* Experience participating in a project-management role developing a medical device (design controls experience) in a regulated environment strongly preferred.
* Dedicated to quality customer service, with proactive response to stakeholder needs.
* Demonstrated ability to integrate subject matter expert input to develop project plans from concept through commercialization for activities.
* Ability and willingness to work on multiple projects at one time.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage project teams.
* Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain the overall project vision and strategy while managing the tactical details and activities.
* Demonstrated facilitation skills to effect project progress per plan.
* Ability to manage conflicts; to read situations quickly; to lead by influence; to exploit opportunities; and to find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively, including Microsoft Project schedules
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* Project Management Professional certification (or equivalent) preferred.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers.
JOIN TERUMO BCT AS WE UNLOCK THE POTENTIAL OF BLOOD. We are the world leader in blood component technology, delivering products, services and solutions for customers and their patients worldwide. Through collaboration with our customers and a commitment to innovation, we are the only company with the unique combination of apheresis, manual and automated whole blood processing and pathogen reduction technologies coupled with robust technology, innovation and core competencies in therapeutic apheresis, cell collections and cell processing.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com. To view the 'EEO is the Law' Federal poster prohibiting job discrimination please click the link.