Senior Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Benton Harbor, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $20 billion in annual sales, 100,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers throughout the world in 2014. The company markets _Whirlpool_, _KitchenAid, Maytag_,_ Consul, Brastemp, Amana_, _Bauknecht_, _Jenn-Air_, _Indesit_ and other major brand names in more than 170 countries. We earn the trust of consumers in nearly every country by focusing on what matter most. Because of our leadership practices, development opportunities, business performance, strong reputation and a commitment to the communities where we live and work, Whirlpool Corporation has received many awards including - Fortune Magazine's Top Companies for Leaders, one of the world's Most Admired Companies, Fast Company's Top 50 Most Innovative Companies and we've had a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index for over 11 years in a row.
This position is located at our global headquarters in Saint Joseph and Benton Harbor, Michigan - a breathtaking vacation community on 40 miles of Lake Michigan beachfront, where swimming, sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, boating, and beach volleyball are abundant. The company is host to a variety of employee resource groups, including a Young Professionals Network - a group of more than 700 local members who are active in corporate social responsibility commitments like Habitat for Humanity, Cook for the Cure, United Way, Boys and Girls Club, and other social activities. A quick 90-minute drive from Chicago, Southwest Michigan is also home to a new Jack Nicklaus signature golf course called Harbor Shores, 17 other public golf courses, nearly 20 wineries, two art districts, many seasonal festivals, outdoor concerts and events all year long. Join us in making the most of moments that matter.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER - REFRIGERATION PRODUCT DELIVERY opening to join our GLOBAL PRODUCT ORGANIZATION.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* This role has responsibility for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects
* Leads projects from original concept through final implementation
* Defines project scope and objectives
* Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports
* Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis
* Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables
* Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team
* Takes ownership for project delivery results through influence and leadership of team members/leaders
* Leads regional or multi-regional projects which involves dealing with people in multiple functions and regions
* Manages multi-million dollar capital and engineering budgets
* Leads a core team of up to 10 people with larger extended teams
* Provides an enterprise view of the business to provide clear direction and leadership on complex high impact projects
* Creates risk mitigation plans, considering all drivers of project risk (cost, quality, technology, supply base, customer deliverables, brands, trade partners, manufacturing, operations)
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Mastery level management skills demonstrated through effective delegation, following through on individual and team goals and objectives and consistently provide honest, open and timely performance feedback
* Bachelor's in Engineering, Business or other related field. Masters or MBA Preferred
* 7+ years of experience in leading / participating in cross functional product development projects
* Ability to influence and coordinate efforts across the product categories, functions and regions
* Excellent capital investment management, financial planning as well as analysis skills
* Demonstrates key leadership capabilities including the confidence to seek out complex business challenges and view them as an opportunity
* Thought leadership to bring out the best thinking of others, being a customer champion by emphasizing the customer when making key decisions, and ability to build remarkable teams
* Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.