Senior Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
MD - 345678
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the day to day cross functional operations of the assigned study or studies for one or more clients. As the team leader, the Senior Project Manager will ensure assigned studies are delivered successfully, on time, within budget, according to client expectations and with the highest level of quality possible. The Senior Project Manager may manage any combination of the following: single or limited services study or a small regional cross functional study.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manage, lead and motivate cross functional project team, facilitating the team s ability to fulfill their responsibilities in accordance with project contracts, contract amendments, applicable regulatory, GCP and SOP requirements and company policies and procedures.
* Function as primary liaison between client, third party vendors and Chiltern project team for project issues, including initiating planning, executing, monitoring and controlling and closing out of assigned studies.
* Develop and maintain project metrics, timelines, budget and deliverables including project plans, trackers and tools for assigned projects.
* Manage day to day operational aspects of assigned projects including third party vendor activities.
* Develop and maintain close working relationship with the client s study management team(s) to ensure client satisfaction, operational and customer service excellence.
* Lead internal and client project team meetings (e.g. Kick off meetings, teleconferences) and participate and present in investigator or project team trainings as required.
* Proactively manage project budget, including scope and scope changes, budget versus actual costs, forecasting and margin evaluations.
* Oversee the financial activities of the project by recognizing the appropriate revenue and working with the Finance Department to ensure project invoices are accurate and timely.
* Working with the Chiltern functional department managers, determine and manage project resource needs and utilization according to project contract and contract amendments.
* Communicate to appropriate Chiltern management, client and third party vendors as warranted on project progress, potential risks and appropriate recommendations for identified risks.
* Ensure project documentation is complete, current, stored appropriately and audit ready.
* Participate in business development activities as required.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* 4 year or equivalent college degree from an appropriately accredited institution, preferably in science or nursing or applicable institution, or applicable industry related experience
* Minimum of 5 years of clinical trial experience in pharmaceutical, device, biotech or CRO setting.
* At least 2 years should be as an operational lead in Clinical Operations, Data Management, Auditing or Lead Study Coordinator experience. Additionally, one year of experience in a team oriented, collaborative environment, preferably with supervisory or lead responsibilities.
* Working knowledge of clinical research procedures and practices including local regulatory requirements and GCP/ICH Guidelines for the conduct of clinical studies and ISO guidelines for device studies.
Strong leadership (including conflict management), organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to prioritize and manage work for a team. May be office or regionally home based with established core business hours schedule. Regionally home based personnel must maintain an appropriate work environment to support a business atmosphere. Ability to travel independently by air, car, and/or train is necessary. Available for domestic and international travel requiring valid passport, including overnight stays. Up to 20% travel (domestic, international).
Chiltern is an EEO / AA Employer and is committed to providing opportunities to minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
Email Matthew DiDavide