Senior Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/29/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
vTech Solution Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION DETAILS:
JOB TITLE: SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
LOCATION: Boston, MA 02108
DURATION: 12+ months (Strong possibility for an extension)
* The Commonwealth is rolling out a new e-mail archive and e-discovery tool (MassVault) using EMC's SourceOne. We are rolling this out to approximately 50,000 employees; half of whom work within the Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS).
* We are looking for a Project Manager to work directly with the EOHHS Senior Project Manager and to also be the liaison between the EOHHS and MassIT MassVault team.
* Act as the MassVault EHS Rollout Project Manager/Liaison to EHS working directly with the EHS Secretariat, specifically the EHS Senior Project Manager, to address EHS' interests with regards to rollout planning, agency communications, rollout issues and concerns, and communicate EHS questions requiring the input of the MassIT Project Team.
* Helps define EHS MassVault rollout tasks and provides assistance in resource planning, assignment, and scheduling using Microsoft Project
* Develops, modifies, or provides input to EHS rollout project plans
* Coordinate with the EHS Rollout team in EHS IT. This may include collaboration among the leaders of the Operations team for equipment rollout and field support, the Security team and potentially the Architecture team during setup of MassVault-related storage sites.
Working with the EHS Senior Project Manager and MassIT Rollout project team:
* Gain a full understanding of the preparations necessary for EHS IT to begin the MassVault Rollout process at each of the 15 EOHHS agencies. These tasks include, but are not limited to, hardware upgrades, Active Directory assessment/cleanup, discovery of delegations and creation of an OU policy for each agency and/or silo.
* Leverage MSProject to track tasks and ensure updates by agency as tasks are complete.
* Gain a full understanding of the overall migration process and all associated activities required by EHS and the MassIT rollout project team.
* Coordinating Coordinate project and operational meetings between EHS and the MassVault Rollout Project Team. Attend IT planning meetings as needed to ensure project tasks remain within expected timelines.
* Act as an internal (EHS) communication lead by scheduling and leading meetings and presentations with EHS IT staff and for EHS agencies as required, preparing agendas and meeting notes, and following-up on questions and issues raised during meetings and presentations.
* Provide weekly updates to the MassVault Rollout Project Manager and EHS Senior Project Manager regarding the status of assigned activities, issues, decisions, schedule concerns, etc.
* Continuous follow up and coordination with the EHS Senior Project Manager and designated staff to ensure that deliverables are understood, all necessary information has been captured, and key milestones are accomplished in order to meet delivery expectations.
* Tracking the progress of all EHS rollout initiatives, action items, and post-implementation punch list items. Escalating rollout issues with the MassIT project team, and addressing EHS staff and management questions and concerns needing resolution in order to avoid missing deadlines.
* Developing, maintaining, and monitoring the progress of project activities for all EHS agency rollout initiatives and action items.
* Escalating action items which require immediate attention and monitoring the resolution of these items.
* Other project related duties as required for the successful rollout and implementation of the EHS eDiscovery project.
* Bachelor's degree in MIS, computer sciences, business administration or equivalent
* Minimum of three years of progressively responsible project management and directly related experience managing multi-threaded sub-projects in an integrated, multi-facility, environment
* Understanding of a Health and Human Services environment helpful
* Demonstrated experience in developing project plans that effectively support business process changes including associated readiness, training, communication, customer relationship management
* Strong verbal and written communication competence, including demonstrated experience in presenting to diverse audiences up to the executive level
* An understanding of complex organizational relationships and an ability to influence within such an environment.