Senior Project Manager (Boston, MA Area) 8/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsibilities
- Leads highly complex, large public safety applications (CAD/Mobile/Records/Jail/Next Generation 911) projects.
- Leads and directs the work activities of the program team across organizational boundaries. Ensures that programs progress according to schedule and budget.
- Procures internal and external resources. Allocates project staff with the required competencies to meet the project objectives.
- Drives strategic relationships between internal and external teams. Resolves issues between internal and external groups.
- Responsible for the profit level for all projects under their control.
- Duties include: Establishing and maintaining a project budget and schedule, establishing and maintaining a communication plan with project teams and customers, establishing and executing a risk assessment and mitigation plans, establishing and maintaining a quality plan, negotiating and writing subcontracts for internal and external subcontractors, approving invoices, preparing project documentation, providing key guidance and support for proposal efforts, providing system integration quotations and statements of work.
- Responsible for creating, distributing and presenting various project status reports and results.
- Responsible for driving process improvement for large part(s) of project.
- Conducts project reviews through the life of the project.
- Candidate must be willing to travel 75%+ of the time.
- 10+ years of project management experience managing complex deployments and/or software application deployments preferably for State and Local public safety government agencies in public safety.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Project for project schedule planning.
- Ability to think outside of the scope of responsibilities and take initiative.
- Strong desire to provide mentorship and proven ability to be a leader.
- Experience with project risk assessment and risk mitigation strategies.
- Must be a self motivated team player able to work effectively with general guidance toward objectives.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills
- PMP Certification preferred.
- Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
*Customer is located in the Boston, MA Area
- 10+ years of project or program management experience - Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer