Senior Project Manager 9/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Bio-Rad's Digital Biology Center (DBCC) located in Cambridge, MA, provides the only fully-integrated DNA sequencing platform to help clinical laboratories diagnose genetic diseases and many forms of cancer. We are looking for a Project Manager to play an active role in commercializing the product in the Clinical Market.
A highly proactive leader who s passionate about science, new product development, continuous improvement and actively working with teams to achieve business goals. The successful candidate will feel extremely comfortable working in an innovative environment and with high performing teams. The primary responsibility of the project manager is to lead new product development projects from conception through commercialization phases. The successful candidate will be able to partner with their project teams to move products to market as quickly as possible while maintaining high standards of quality. A strong scientific back ground (preferably in invitro-diagnostics) and excellent communication skills (written and verbal) are mandatory.
* Creation, implementation and execution of project plans/timelines to achieve business goals
* Creating and maintaining project records including project and design history files
* Ensuring thoroughness, accuracy and high quality of project documentation
* Identifying potential project risk and guiding team around potential obstacles
* Managing critical path items and successfully removing team roadblocks
* Leveraging well developed interpersonal skills to build & maintain positive working relationships with functional groups throughout the organization
* Identify interdependencies and look for strategic ways
* Use strong project and organizational knowledge, leadership and active facilitation to enable effective team meetings and high performance teams
* Must be a proactive leader who has an active management style and sense of ownership of project deliverables
* Must possess robust facilitation skills
* Must have a strong balance between science and business acumen with a deep desire to deliver business value to the organization
* Able to articulate extremely complex information throughout the organization.
* Excellent communication skills (written and oral), interpersonal skills, analytical/problem solving skills, negotiation skills, cross-functional team leadership skills and goal setting skills required.
* Effective presentation and meeting skills within all levels of the organization and with a wide variety of external/internal colleagues and collaborators.
* Strong computer skills (MS Office, Word, Excel, Project, Visio and database)
* Ability to think strategically and creatively in leading project teams through obstacles and/or finding the best path forward
* BS degree in chemistry, biology, chemical engineering or similar scientific field; Agile and/or Scrum certification or equivalent, highly desired; Six Sigma green belt or PMP certification is a plus.
* Must have experience in molecular biology and a strong aptitude for instrumentation including both hardware/software
* Must have experience in a highly regulated industry such as invitro-diagnostics, medical device or pharmaceuticals; IVD CE and FDA PMA/510(k) experience a strong plus
* 5+ years in a project leadership role in a highly technical field
* Willingness and ability to occasionally travel (less than 5%; domestic and international)