Senior Project Manager- Clinical Genomics SaaS
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
Santa Clara, CA
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Agilent Technologies is seeking a project manager to join the Genomics business unit. Our clients are genetic labs and pathology labs looking to optimize their genetic interpretation pipelines by adopting clinical grade SaaS solutions for data and knowledge management, interpretation support and reporting.
As senior project manager, you will be responsible for coordinating our worldwide integration and customization projects, delivering high quality solutions that meet and exceed customer expectations and building effective client relationships.
You will provide hands-on leadership of cross-functional core teams through the complete project lifecycle from concept to delivery, including planning, execution, and stage gate reviews.
You will keep track of the project's key performance indicators and report regularly about the project status, progress and risks. You will work closely with the product management team to deliver on agreed customer deliverables and convert feedback and insight obtained during projects to product roadmap input.
* B.S. or B.A. in Science, Engineering, or Project Management with an understanding of the biological sciences
* PMP certification a plus
*5+ years of relevant experience managing complex development or integration projects, preferably in the medical device, diagnostics, life sciences or biotech market with emphasis on software and bioinformatics tools
* Experience with LIS, LIMS and EHR integration through web services, REST API, and/or HL7 a plus
* Experience with bioinformatics, genomics and/or clinical validation of software and bioinformatics tools a plus
* Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to balance and prioritize responsibilities in accordance with business and team needs
* Experience defining and maintaining strategic direction while ensuring successful execution of project details
* Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization across various functions (research, development, quality control, marketing) and locations
* Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently
* Ability to manage multi-site teams including direct and indirect project resources
* Creative problem solving skills and decision making abilities that adapt to change and promote teamwork across geographies and cultures
* Desire to succeed with a moderate level of guidance, while successfully multitasking amongst several competing initiatives
* Ability to influence stakeholders at all levels in a matrixed team environment
* Experienced in constructive decision making, resolution of conflict, and the building of effective top-down and bottom-up business relationships
* Active ownership of problems of diverse technical and business scope where the analysis requires in-depth evaluation and research of competing options
* Understanding of the proper application of risk management techniques to ensure business priorities and quality standards are met
* Ability to adapt to new technologies and scientific disciplines while ensuring consistent application of lifecycle management processes across domains
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability..