Senior Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSenior Project Manager-Denver
My client, a leading general contractor based in Seattle specializing in commercial construction vertical office building TI's, is searching for a Senior Project Manager to manage a NEW BRANCH OFFICE IN DENVER. The company has a reputation of building with integrity and excellence on every project. They have the resources and a pre-existing client base to create a new Denver office. They offer an outstanding compensation package and greatly reward their project managers based off project profits. Rarely is there an opportunity like this with a firm willing to share the profits with those who produce them.
The right candidate will have experience ranging from demolition and renovations to fit-out projects and will have a demonstrable track record delivering projects on time and on budget. Candidates must have the ability to coordinate several major activities at once, while analyzing and resolving specific problems. Must be flexible and work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Some previous Business Development activities are required.
In this position you will:
* Responsible of overall supervision of all field related activities
* Preconstruction planning
* Constructability review
* Prepare and maintain responsibility for CPM job schedule
* Enforce safety procedures and participate in Safety Training Programs
* Assure work quality - set standards for quality control
* Chair or attend pre-job conference, regular subcontractor meetings
* Develop and maintain strong relationships with building owners, facility personnel, and subcontractors
* Recruit, organize, train, direct and coordinate field construction team including subcontractor's direct hire work
* Assist with business development and participate in job interviews
* Maintain timely and accurate reporting to management
To qualify for this position you must have the following background:
* Engineering, Construction Management or Architectural degree or equivalent experience
* Minimum of 10years' experience in the construction industry
* Extensive field construction supervisory experience - 10years as a Project Manager
* Leadership ability
* Problem solving ability and a strong sense of urgency
* Working knowledge of all crafts (ability to read and understand specifications for all trades)
* Knowledge of OSHAlaws
* Knowledge of job scheduling, planning, expediting and cost control
My client has a strong reputation of hiring the best people, giving them exceptional training and providing them with the opportunities and responsibilities that allow them to learn and develop. They invest greatly in the personal and professional well-being of their people including the ability to earn significant bonuses based on project profitability.