Senior Project Manager 8/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
TE SubCom (SubCom), a TE Connectivity Ltd. company, is an industry pioneer in undersea communications technology and marine services, and a leading global supplier for today s undersea communications requirements. As a vertically integrated supplier, SubCom designs, manufactures, deploys, and maintains the industry s most reliable fiber optic cable systems. Its solutions include long-haul and regional systems, repeaterless networks, capacity upgrades, offshore oil and gas, and scientific research applications. SubCom brings end-to-end network knowledge and global experience to support on-time delivery and the needs of customers worldwide. To date, the company has deployed more than 100 cable systems and enough subsea communication cable to circle the Earth 15 times at the Equator. For more information visit www.SubCom.com.
The Project Manager will lead or be part of a project team to successfully implement undersea telecommunication projects. The position requires an in depth understanding of contractual terms and conditions, scopes of work, problem resolution both internally and with the customer, and risk identification and mitigation. Must be able to deal with ambiguity and react to execution of both new plans and changes that minimize company liability.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Act as customer point of contact
* Establish and meet project objectives by analyzing contract deliverables and collaborating with project team members
* Perform risk analysis on project schedule, budget, technical requirements and quality
* Develop strategies for customer issues
* Coordinate with peers to develop solutions
* Achieve financial objectives on the project and review/understand variances
* Prepare project status reports for executive team
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* A BS in engineering, operations or related discipline required. MS/MBA preferred.
* 7+ years experience in managing large cross functional projects. Experience matrix-managing a team useful.
* Experience in negotiations, managing the P/L of projects and forecasting expenditures, contract management a must
* Demonstrated ability to solve problems within own position, across organizations, and with customers
* Experience in risk identification and mitigation
* Strong customer service orientation
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
* Advanced proficiency with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
* Advanced coordination/planning skills (including proficiency in Microsoft Project) critical
* Knowledge of Undersea Telecommunication Systems is strongly preferred
* Travel to support customer meetings (Approximately 15%)