Senior Project Manager - Environmental Scientist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
* Project management activities including the direct participation in and oversight of project teams responsible for environmental site assessment, wetland delineations, threatened & endangered species habitat assessment, field surveys, NEPA documentation, environmental report/permit development, constraint mapping, and public involvement support.
* Provide senior-level technical and project management support for projects.
* Help maintain and develop relationships with key clients and staff.
* Preparing proposals, cost estimates, and staffing plans for environmental projects and services.
* Preparing and reviewing permit applications and conducting consultation with agency staff as required under Sections 404 and 401 of the Clean Water Act, Sections 7 and 10 of the Endangered Species Act, reviewing wetland delineations and biological inventories; conducting routing studies and impact analysis for CEQA and NEPA documents.
Candidate Specification The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelors degree in a relevant environmental science or biological discipline; a master s degree is preferred. Candidate should have a minimum of ten years of experience, five of which shall include project management or a group leadership role. Candidate should have experience permitting large-scale energy projects and conducting field surveys with specific experience with oil and natural gas pipeline projects and the FERC (Natural Gas Act) permitting process. Strong interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills, documentation, and excellent analytical and problem solving skills are required. The ability to prepare and interpret complex reports, recognize problems, and define and evaluate solutions is required. Should be environmental seller/doer with key industry contacts..