Senior Project Manager, Global Corporate Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Title: Senior Project Manager, Global Corporate Services
Location: San Francisco, CA
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
The salesforce.com Global Corporate Services team is responsible for A/R Operations, Procurement,and Payroll related functions. This position will own improvement projects for all Global Corporate Services functions including their definition, planning and execution. The Project Manager is recognized as an expert with broad and detailed functional process and technical knowledge in more than one area. He or She will direct projects or programs with a high degree of complexity that requires significant investment and includes time, money and resources and is also responsible for the communications and training.
General responsibilities include (but are not limited to): Project Portfolio Management, project planning, scheduling and management across multiple concurrent projects globally. Manage deliveryof complex projects for one or more business functions. Manage delivery/communications to business expectations, delivery to schedule, and delivery to budget. Provide global and cross-functional leadership to project teams. Work closely with senior management in the communication of project scope and effectiveness as well as working closely with analysts, development teams, quality assurance, and other teams to define comprehensive project plans.
* Leads and manages multiple complex and strategic projects
* Communicates scope, timeline and budgets clearly
* Articulates the benefits and estimated ROI for each project
* Manages partnerships with vendors on projects
* Thinks and acts effectively using various information sources and makes optimal business recommendations
* Negotiates and partners with all levels of customers, service providers and salesforce.com management
* Demonstrates practice of advanced quality concepts
* Executes programs to achieve objectives in assigned area of responsibility
* Continuously expands technical knowledge in own and related disciplines and functional area. Keeps abreast of new techniques and procedures and applies them, when applicable, to problem solutions
* Communicates with functional and related user groups and is required to make presentations to functional management
* Partners closely with systems and IT organizations within salesforce to execute technical projects
* Drives continuous improvement of project management strategies and methodologies within the GCS Projects and Enablement team
* Able to engage and inspire employees and project team members
* Able to analyze information, make connections and demonstrates deep level thinking
* Bachelors Degree or equivalent educated experience
* Ability to work with all levels of management
* Project management skills, especially project planning, risk management, and capacity planning
* Excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences
* Excellent team player who is able to work with virtual and global cross functional teams
* Excellent influencing skills and the ability to bring teams together
* Ability to work with deadlines and learn quickly in a fast paced environment
* Demonstrates clear leadership skills and experience working with large, complex projects
* Experience with finance and salesforce functions and systems preferred
* Broad knowledge of business processes, business metrics, business systems, and interrelationships between organizations
* Knowledge of global business environment
* Experience with the Scrum framework for managing projects preferred
* Able to think independently and consider cross-functional and downstream impacts
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.