Senior Project Manager - (Horsham, PA) 8/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY QSI/NextGen Healthcare has a legacy of building software that improves patient care and reduces healthcare costs. Now, we re bringing the best of the cloud, social media and mobile to healthcare. Come build the future with us! Please visit our website at: www.nextgen.com .
Senior Project Manager (Horsham, PA)
A Sr. Project Manager within Research & Development, PMO is to plan, execute and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and budget. This role will acquire resources, coordinate efforts of team members, third-party contractors and consultants to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will define project objectives and oversee quality control throughout the life cycle. The Project Manager is expected to deliver results using a range of structured and agile methods.
* Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support the business goals in collaboration with Senior Management and stakeholders.
* Direct, develop and manage Project Development from beginning to end with full scale project plans and associated communication documents.
* Effectively communicate and manage project expectations for team members and stakeholders.
* An ongoing basis liaise with project stakeholders to build, develop and grow business relationships that are vital to the success of project.
* Plan, track, and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
* Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirement documentation and presentations.
* Determine frequency and content of status reports from the project team, then analyze results and troubleshoot problem areas.
* Define project success criteria and disseminate to the involved parties throughout project life cycle.
* Conduct project post mortems and create recommendation reports in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
* Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
* Estimate resource needs to achieve project goals and negotiate with other department managers for acquisition of required personnel within the company or request additional staff, if necessary.
* Draft, submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
* Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel, also resolve conflicts within team.
* Identify, manage project dependencies and critical path.
* Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans.
* Travel a minimum of 10% of the time.
* A minimum of 7 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
* A minimum of 2 years direct work experience in a program management capacity with 3 or more direct or indirect project managers reporting into the program
* Proficiency with MS Project as well as familiarity with other enterprise PM tools, Jira, QC, etc.
* Specific experience related to project managing product releases within a commercial software environment
* Demonstrated experience delivering both waterfall and SCRUM projects
* Bachelor s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience
* Project Management Profession (PMP) and Certified Scrum Master (CSM) credentials
* highly desire
* MS and/or MBA
QSI/NextGen believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because QSI/NextGen believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes.