Senior Project Manager - Infrasturcture
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
- Senior Project Manager - Infrasturcture
Location: Bedminister, NJ
Interview: Phone and Skype
The position requires experience in delivery of large Enterprise Tools projects globally by managing a team of junior project managers/ cross functional SMEs of size $10 million and above. He/ she should be able to define processes and create WoW for projects, looks into overall technical project delivery and develop relationship with external and internal stakeholders including C
-level executives and take overall project accountability in closure of project milestones/metrics within budget, on
-time and with desired acceptance criteria as defines in customer contract and agreed with customer.
- Total 8-10 years of experience, with minimum experience of 4 years of handling Enterprise Tools projects for Global clients in areas of service automation, monitoring, management, infrastructure capacity planning, scheduling tools, private cloud solutions and ITSM projects.
- Experience in managing diverse and multiple teams with complete ownership and responsibility of the team is a must.
- Experience of handling IT Infrastructure projects in the area of Datacenter
- Build/migrations , DRBuild/migrations , Managed infrastructure services covering Network, Security, Storage ,Virtualization ,NOC , SOC , and associated Tools and ITIL Processes is preferred.
- Experience of handling IT Applications projects such as packaged applications, enterprise infrastructure applications through applications development lifecycle and maintenance. Exposure and hands
-on working experience on waterfall and agile/scrum methodologies of project management preferred.
Qualifications & Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in IT/ Engineering/MBA or other management qualification
- Preferred at least one out of PMP / PRINCE2 Practitioner / Agile certification.
- ITIL V3 foundation / Intermediate
- Basic technology exposure on private/public cloud based technologies such as AWS, monitoring tools such as CA Nimsoft , BPPM, Tivoli , NNMi , ITSM tools such as Service Now, Remedy , HPSM , automation tools such as Bladelogic , SCCM , job scheduling tools such as Autosys , Appworx etc.
- Exposure on Portfolio management tools such as CA clarity.
- Hands on with MS project, MS Excel, MS Power point and familiarity with other Project Management Tools such as Primavera.
- US B
-Visa Readiness preferred.
- Be the primary focal point and owner for all activities for a large complex delivery for customer.
- Be accountable for meeting revenue, profit and growth objectives and for improving overall customer satisfaction targets.
- Build and maintain strong client/Partner/Vendor relationships at tactical and operational levels with the objective of being a trusted business partner.
- Is the Primary Delivery Owner for the responsible for cost, schedule and quality of the delivery.
- Responsible for coordination of delivery between different practice teams and vendor involved in the program.
- Drive teams to execute the project, enabling cross practice, neutral thinking, conflict resolution, and effective communication and managing any cultural differences.
- Lead Delivery to drive project schedules and contract deliverables that support the client's business with a focus on delivering on every commitment made to the client.
- Responsible for understanding problem situations, evaluating risks and ensuring a development of mitigation plan for the same.
- Sets the direction for the entire Projects team, builds and leads a vibrant team
- Creates, Contributes and Implements best practices by working closely with program manager and senior delivery leaders.
- Develops and lays down project management processes and procedure for the organization
- Understanding of various Project Revenue Models
- Monitors the progress of all projects milestones and deliverables
- Owns and is accountable for scope, effort, budget and delivery schedule of entire project.
- Drives continuous improvement in project deliveries and individual / team performance.
- Is proactive and the ultimate escalation point on all matters related to the project undertaken.
- Will look at Process efficiency and innovate methodology with a view to maximize value provided to the business units
- Establishes and maintains excellent relationships with customer / Business Units
- Viewed and perceived as a Role model and a genuine collaborative Team Player.
- Manages project of large (may be global) scope, impact and complexity through all phases of the lifecycle.
- Manages interdependencies and integration among multiple projects, teams, and stakeholders.
- Has decision making authority at the project level.
- Handles cross organizational programs of broad scope and high complexity or of broad scope and moderate complexity usually managing a project team in a Matrix project organization.
- Sets direction for programs/projects directly related to corporate policies or important business operations to meet strategic goals of significance.
- Leads the core projects team and guides performance of functional teams w.r.t to the specific program/project scope/deliverables.
- Is the key interface with all key stakeholders and leadership internally and externally.
- Sets, refines and aligns project objectives from time to time according to project situation Vs end project objective to be reached for.
- Assigns overall tasks to others managing general areas of responsibility in support of program goals.
- Exercises judgment and discretion to develop solutions, remove obstacles and redefine project approaches.
- Oversees identification of projects tasks and, dependencies, costs, assigns resources, and communicates expectations to core project team members.
- Creates/tracks/adjusts the program/project schedule.
- Assesses risks and identifies solutions to timely, efficient achievement of program/project goals.
- Ensures that quality standards and budget constraints of the project are met.
- Ensures appropriate progress against schedule and takes remedial action as appropriate from time to time based on project situation.
- Prioritizes utilization of resources according to project stages/phases/client/delivery team priorities w.r.t to client and contract requirements.