Senior Project Manager (Interiors)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
Balfour Beatty Construction Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
The Balfour Beatty Interiors team is seeking a Senior Project Manager for our Liberty Mututal jobsite which involves a 1 million dollar square feet Interior rennovation. In addition, the ideal candidate must have previous experience working on Interior's projects that were at least $250,000 square feet. This role serves as the senior on-site company representative responsible for managing all administrative and technical requirements. Supervises Project Managers activities related to contract administration, change orders, submittals, procurement, project financials set-up and updates, and schedule to ensure projects are completed in a quality, profitable, safe, and timely manner. Maintains a relentless focus on meeting and exceeding customer needs and expectations. Builds business with current customers by delivering on our promises and creates new business with potential customers in a proactive manner, promoting all of our construction services.
PROJECT FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
* Creates and manages project s budget and coordinates the Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) development.
* Knows and understands the requirements of owner s contract, including bonds, fees, notifications, schedules, reporting, and costs.
* Develops and completes monthly Projected Final Cost Report (PFR) and Labor Cost Report (LCR) projections on time.
* Creates Project Incentive Compensation Plan within 30 days of GMP acceptance. Preconstruction Services
* Collaborates with Preconstruction to prepare, review, and monitor information and reports related to all costs involved in developing the project s budget.
* Takes ownership of process of determining the quantity of budget estimates/deliverables to client.
* Manages the subcontracting process, which includes holding initial scope review meetings, finalizing agreed price, developing subcontract scope of work, and managing the subcontract distribution and final execution process.
* Develops plan, complies with, and reports on Minority Business Entity (MBE) requirements for the project, as required.
* Develops Mission Alignment Plan with the client and administers it. Project Start-up and Scheduling
* Collaborates with scheduling, superintendent, subcontractors, and suppliers to create a construction schedule.
* Develops an organizational and responsibilities matrix at the start of each project and determines the resources needed for the project (e.g., people, tools, equipment, materials, internal and external services).
* Reviews the contract documents with all project participants (e.g., customers, employees, subcontractors, suppliers, government regulators, utilities) to ensure work is completed on time and within budget.
* Coordinates and delivers all requirements for subcontractors and suppliers to meet project schedules. Project Administration, Operations and Close-out
* Responsible for project administration and daily operations. Prepares and maintains the project schedule, milestone dates, and close-out checklist. Reviews with project staff each quarter and assigns responsibilities, execution, and follow-up plans.
* Establishes relationships and communication tools as needed with suppliers and other key people to verify all materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and personnel are obtained and/or delivered when necessary. Ensures that all understand performance standards and expectations.
* Ensures that project site and company assets are secure and maintains a safe and respectful working environment at all times by implementing programs for safety and loss prevention, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), risk management, training, and quality control.
PROMOTE CUSTOMER RELATIONS
* Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer s expectations.
* Actively participates in industry, client, and community relations to enhance company image.
* Makes presentations to proactively seek new business opportunities through relationships. Culture, Leadership and Employee Development
* Promotes our Creed. Communicates our vision and purpose through Service, Talent, and Choices.
* Serves as a role model and promotes professional behavior.
* Participates in and support operations training programs and commits to the development of project staff and of self. Essential Competencies* Balfour Beatty Band/Position Division
* Customer Focus
* Ethics and Values
* Functional and Technical Skills
* Integrity and Trust
* Dealing with Ambiguity
* Business Acumen
* Conflict Management
* Developing Direct Reports
* Motivating Others
* Problem Solving
* Building Effective Teams * For key definitions, refer to the Profile for Success
* B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field preferred and 10+ years of Interiors experience handling projects greater than $250,000 square feet.
* Demonstrates leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, solve problems, and motivate others, while maintaining effective relationships with customers by meeting or exceeding their requirements and expectations.
* Supervises and develops direct reports while prioritizing and delegating significant responsibilities to others.
* Manages essential functions effectively by consistently driving for quality, profitable, safe, and timely results on the assigned project.
* Demonstrates solid presentation skills and verbal/written skills.
* Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
* The majority of work is completed on job sites in an office trailer or in an existing structure. Due to daily condition changes on construction projects, when employees are outside of the office trailer or structure, they must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by the company's safety policies and as required for weather conditions.
* The project team and/or team member may need to move to other projected work geographic locations, if necessary.
Balfour Beatty is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, gender, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other status protected by state or federal law. Apply Now