Senior Project Manager (Internet of Things / IT Infrastructure)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Presidio, we think, architect, implement and support the practical reality of IT every day. We bring together the best minds in the industry to deliver IT excellence and support the answers to our clients' IT challenges. As one of the largest IT-as-a-Service solution providers in the U.S., we combine experience and stability with regional expertise and the unique ability to cover local and global business needs. For more information about Presidio visit our website at www.presidio.com or follow us on Twitter @Presidio.
Are you able to solve challenging business problems with sophisticated technology? Do enjoy working with a committed team of professions in a flexible, innovative culture? We are seeking a Project Manager with a strong track record of management performance in the technology industry. Our need for specialized skills is as critical as the need for a consultative approach in solving problems.
This position is with our Internet of Things group (IoT). IoT is a group of electrical, mechanical, software and systems engineers who sell advanced technology solutions within Presidio. In addition to working with traditional IT account managers, engineers and architects, you will also be working with hardware and software engineers.
* Creating and executing project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
* Reviewing deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
* Effectively applying our methodology and enforcing project standards.
* Ensuring project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
* Tracking and reporting team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
* Determining appropriate revenue recognition, ensuring timely and accurate invoicing, and monitoring receivables for projects.
* Following up with clients regarding unpaid invoices.
* Analyzing project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization.
* Managing day-to-day client interaction, setting and managing client expectations.
* Developing lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
* Communicating effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
* Continually seeking opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
* Building a knowledge base of each client's business, organization and objectives.
* Facilitating team and client meetings effectively.
* Holding regular status meetings with project team.
* Keeping project teams well informed of changes within the scope of the project.
* Effectively communicating relevant project information to upper level management.
* Delivering engaging, informative, and well-organized presentations.
* Resolving and/or escalating issues in a timely fashion.
* Communicating difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
* Assuring project documents are completed and signed.
* Coordinating all project activities with business owners/stakeholders and other support, technical infrastructure, and application teams.
* Managing relationships and coordinating work between vendors, customers, sub-contractors, and engineering teams throughout various locations.
* Managing the completion and distribution of all deliverables to customers, by tracking the delivery status and installation schedules, in accordance with required timeframes.
* Assuring that the expected service levels are met and that all Statements of Work deliverables meet quality standards.
* Overseeing change management on the overall project scope, according to a predefined change process, to meet project goals.
* Creating and maintaining project implementation plans, risk mitigation plans, design documents, project budget, status reports, and all other project management-related documentation. This includes updating all internal systems to ensure all documented information aligns with the current project status.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or the equivalent in experience.
* 5+ years of related experience in managing technology projects.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Experience managing projects with Cisco Voice, network solutions, wireless, and Data Center preferred
* PMP certification preferred
* Strong presentation skills including client-facing consulting skills.
* Ability to travel as needed (up to 50%)
* Ability to manage and coordinate projects efficiently
* Self-motivation and a desire to succeed
* Solid Understanding of basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly.
* Solid Understanding our pricing model and billing procedures.
* Ability to work safely and responsibly to avoid injury/property damage, while maintaining a clean work area.
* Relevant work with Software / IoT teams is a plus
Physical Demand & Working Environment
While performing the duties of this position, individuals may be required to stand for extended periods of time using handheld equipment and power tools. This position also requires the ability to spend time walking, standing, and touring medical and other facilities. May lift and carry up to 50lbs. May encounter frequent climbing of stairs and ladders.
Presidio Networked Solutions LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to [Click Here To Join] or call 212.652.5700 for assistance.