Senior Project Manager - Licensed Site Professional
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 4/12/2017
Vanasse Hangen Brustlin Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONVHB's passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
VHB has an immediate need for a Senior Project Manager/Licensed Site Professional (LSP) in our Remediation, Assessment, and Compliance practice based in Massachusetts. The successful candidate will have 10+ years of professional experience, including a track record of successful business development and consulting in the Oil and/or Hazardous Materials (OHM) field in the northeast. This seller-doer position includes aiding in the development of marketing strategies aimed at new market penetration. The Senior Project Manager will also be responsible for coordinating, overseeing, and certifying remediation and assessment projects for VHB's transportation, land development, and energy practices.
- Coordinate and oversee remediation, assessment, and compliance projects
- Foster new client and service lines associated with the OHM field
- Establish and track project milestones as well as quarterly business goals
- Manage in-house technical services staff
- Maintain ongoing communication with clients and corporate leadership to communicate project status, changes in conditions or other key points of information
- Provide oversight, direction, management, mentoring and ongoing open communication to environmental staff
Skills and Abilities:
- Possess knowledge and understanding of the contract specifications, terms and conditions
- Possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be team oriented with strong capability to motivate others
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter
- Must demonstrate superior ability in collaborative problem solving with stakeholders, clients, and teammates
- BS degree in environmental science, geology, civil engineering, or a related field, with an MS preferred
- 10+ years of professional experience.
- Position will require immediate business development and/or established client base.
- Licensed Site Professional (LSP) professional certification preferred
- Additional state certifications such as Connecticut Licensed Environmental Professional (LEP) a plus
- Experience in managing other staff members
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, we're invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We're proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 36 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. You can review our EEO Policy at https://www.vhb.com/Pages/Careers/2016_EEOPolicyStatement.pdf and an overview of the law at https://www.vhb.com/Pages/Careers/EEO_istheLaw_Poster-Supplement.pdf