Senior Project Manager (Professional) 8/23/2016
Franklin Lakes, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (PROFESSIONAL)
FRANKLIN LAKES, NJ
1+ YEAR CONTRACT
8 AM TO 5 PM
WEEKLY 40.00 HOURS
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 30%
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for providing project and program management services for various types of projects supporting Finance Department Integration activities and Client Leadership Sponsored Projects/Programs. The candidate must be able to work with our internal customers to support the Finance program through completion. This includes: establishing and controlling scope, managing project schedules in MS Project, generate scorecards showing progress against plan, plan and control project budgets, create and present various level of management to include Senior Executive level reports, communication planning and execution, project integration management, time management, issue/risk management, program quality management, etc. The individual would be responsible for adhering to our established standards for program planning, execution and close out. This position will also be responsible for maintaining all active programs plans in MS Project (or other similar PPM software) and will be responsible for helping Client associates to learn and adopt both the standard project process and project technologies.
* Working understanding of project/program/portfolio management processes, methodologies and tools.
* Minimum 8-10 years experiencing working on projects/programs/portfolios.
* Strong collaboration with business partners to execute projects and to identify and address gaps in US region capabilities and processes.
* Strong written and oral communication skills with leaders of all levels.
* Experience creating and presenting executive level presentations and reports.
* Working understanding of change management strategies, planning and execution.
* Ability to execute to plan while effectively overcoming obstacles to success.
* Proficient in MS PowerPoint, Excel, Projects, Visio and SharePoint.
* Ability to work on virtual multiple-geographic teams.
* Ability to facilitate small to medium size meetings with up to 25 people
* Previous experience managing or coordinating programs. Demonstrated Job Competencies
* Drive for results
* Think strategically
* Ability to navigate matrix organization
* Influence others
* Business and financial acumen
* Build organizations and relationships
* 8-10 years planning & leading medium to large size programs.
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or equivalent
* PMP, PgMP, or similar certification a plus but not required
* Black Belt, Green Belt or similar experience a plus but not required
* Master Degree in Business or similar field a plus but not required.
* Managing medium to large sized programs consisting of multiple active projects from project definition through program governance, monitoring and close out. This includes identifying and aligning resources on integration points.
* Provide guidance and support to executive leaders to ensure business partners are engaged with projects to ensure best practices and project methodologies are followed.
* Maintaining all work plans, enter status and burn rate into the designated project management tracking tool.
* Perform resource management including forecasting resource requirements and resource consumption analysis.
* Create executive level reports and presentations to keep senior leadership up to date on schedule, budget and deliverable status.
* Collect, organize and escalate project issues and risks.
* Create and maintain collaboration environments using SharePoint or similar software.
* Facilitates weekly program meetings to collect status and discuss issues.
* Maintain and improve master program plans in MS Project.
* Manage integration of projects within a single program to ensure alignment of deliverables, timeline, budget and deliverable quality.