Senior Project Manager - Rail Transportation
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 6/23/2017
Arcadis U.S. Inc
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Arcadis is hiring for a Senior Project Manager Rail Transportation for our New York office. Successful candidates will have spent at least 15 years in progressively responsible positions in project management of transportation infrastructure projects including rail, light rail and/or subway - including track, switches/controls, traction power, station and tunnel, projects ranging from $1,000,000 to $200 million in value. Ideal candidates will have knowledge of New York metro area transportation industry, project controls (cost and schedule management) methods, project and/or construction management experience for all project phases including preconstruction, construction, commissioning & validation, and experience with MTA/NYCT, AMTRAK, PATH, and/or NJ Transit.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Develop cost estimates that include conceptual estimates prior to design as well as detailed time and materials estimates from design documents.
* Develop pre-bid CPM schedules from design documents.
* Analyze monthly construction contractor CPM schedule updates; develop progress payments based on schedule updates; assist with recovery schedules.
* Ability to assume Project and/or Construction Management role on projects as the client's advisor.
* Perform capital planning and financial reporting for programs and projects.
* Develop design and construction contracts. APD experience a plus.
* Manage A/E selection, construction bidding, negotiations and contract administration.
* Strong communication skills, both oral and written. Independently write reports and correspondence.
* Develop complex spreadsheets and charts in Microsoft Excel and reports in Microsoft Word.
* Occasionally, develop and make presentations to groups to include clients and public meetings.
* Bachelor s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management.
* Professional Engineer licensed in NY and/or NJ.
* Project and/or Construction Management experience required to include rail construction track, right-or-way improvements, yards, facilities, stations, tunnels, power systems and security systems.
* Experience required in all project phases to include: preconstruction, constructability review, design completeness review, construction, commissioning and validation.
* Experience required in construction management services including construction oversight/inspection, project controls, project administration and project close out.
* Experience required in CPM scheduling including baseline review, recovery schedules, and updates
* Experience required in the full suite of MS Office products
* Excellent written and oral communication abilities required. Proven report writing abilities required.
Background/Drug Screen Statementcolor
Arcadis U.S. requires all employees hired in the United States to successfully pass a background check & drug test as a condition of employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Required Driving Statementcolor
This position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
* Certifications desired, but not required, include: CCM, PMP, CCE, CCC, or PSP.
* Knowledge of Expedition Contract Manager desired but not required.
* Proposal and presentation experience desired but not required.
Engineering - Transportation
Arcadis is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in*
Apply to job Send to friend Save to cart View similar jobs
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.