Senior Project Manager 8/11/2016
vTech Solution Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
LOCATION: Raleigh, NC
DURATION:13+ months (Strong possibility for an extension)
client is seeking an experienced Project Manager for the DMV Legislative Changes FY 16-17 Project. Candidate must have experience in full software development life cycle including maintenance and enhancement processing.
EXPECTED SKILLS: Able to manage highly complex work efforts; may have advanced education; may have extensive industry experience.
DESCRIPTION (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* Responsibility for the successful completion of end to end project work, including all work products
* Oversight of projects comprised of multiple deliverables, including delegation and coordination of tasks
* Responsibility for creation and management of the integrated project plan, execution of the project plan, project status, meetings, scope changes, risk and issue tracking/mitigation, coordination across project teams, etc.
* Negotiations internal and external to the project teams
* Managing scope, resources, timelines, costs/budget, quality, communication, and procurements to meet the goals of the State
* Development and execution of training and education on standard project management requirements and methods, facilitating project governance and reporting, and creating models to improve business decisions
* Efforts typically include extensive changes to existing functionality or the implementation of new applications and/or technology
* Proficient in Microsoft Project using MS Project Server to manage multi-million dollar projects with multiple yeardurations.
* Strong communications skills, oral and written, with project team, management and executive management.
* Proven planning and management skills including scope estimating, budgeting, testing, quality assurance and resource allocation.
* Experience with project risk management, including failure mode effect analysis
* Experience with implementing solutions utilizing third party vendors and third party products.
* IT Project Management experience
* Strong analytical and conceptual skills
* Preferred government IT project management experience
* Experience legacy mainframe application maintenance and enhancement implementation