Senior Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 12/28/2016
Vanir Construction Management, Inc.
San Bernardino, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Vanir Construction Management, Inc. has been exceeding client expectations for 35 years. Our progressive growth and quality of service has led Vanir to become consistently ranked among the top construction management firms in the nation by Engineering News-Record. As we continue growing into new areas and markets, our focus is to maintain a team of creative, ambitious, and visionary individuals. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Reports to the Area Manager and provides the overall planning, coordination, and direction for project management activities to ensure they meet owner needs, specifications, cost, and schedule, from initial project identification through construction closeout. May supervise office/field administrative staff, project/field engineers, assistant project/construction managers, project/construction managers and other assigned staff. This is in the California tribal gaming construction sector and previous experience is required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for providing the following services or for supervising the Project Management team members that perform these services:
* Primary contact and liaison for owner and principle partner entities for the contract, design, systems, procedures and related deliverables
* Develops project specific procedures and documentation, and consults with Owner on design and construction contracts and related A/E systems for the project
* Ensures contracts, drawings, estimates, and specifications comply with construction/project requirements
* Obtains, maintains, and manages data, information, communications, and approvals required by project and company requirements between owner, architects, engineers, and other project-related entities
* Represents owner, project and related parties in public forums and meetings
* Manages project controls, cost, and performance activities and procedures, project logistics, organization, systems and project closeout
* Leads in project meetings to include documentation, administration, and tracking of relevant information and statuses
* Coordinates, directs, and monitors activities of construction management staff, contractors, engineers, architects, and related performing entities
* Ensures project team adheres to safety requirements
* Manages bid phase services, as may be required by the client
* Performs other duties as required
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or equivalent is required
* Minimum of 10 years of California tribal gaming construction experience as a Project Manager is required
* Advanced knowledge and application of master planning, A/E solicitation, project development, design-phase management, construction estimating, cost, project controls/scheduling, documentation, engineering/construction principles, contracts and delivery methods are required
* Thorough understanding of contracts, documents, drawings, and specifications and applied experience in the areas of project accounting, cost, administrative, and personnel interaction in professional settings are required
* Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products, and experience with project-related systems such as Prolog and Primavera are required
* Proficiency with various document control systems, as well as new construction and modernization of casinos and adjacent support structures is preferred
* Registration as an Architect or Professional Engineer is preferred
* Certified Construction Manager preferred
* Knowledge of TERO (Tribal Employment Rights Ordinance) preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
If you're interested in working for Vanir Construction Management, Inc., please visit our website to learn more and to apply online at www.vanir.com.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Contact Email: email@example.com
Persons with medical limitations may, with reasonable accommodations, be capable of performing the duties of this position. Such a determination must be made on an individual basis considering the person's limitations, the requirements of the position, and the company's ability to make reasonable accommodations to the person's limitations.
We Participate in E-Verify.