Senior Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Balfour Beatty Construction Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Howard S. Wright, a Balfour Beatty Company is seeking a qualified Senior Project Manager to join our team in Seattle, Washington. If you have a passion for what you do, a strong drive to achieve results, the ability to solve problems creatively, and a dedication to client service and relationship management, come join us.
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) serves as the senior on site company representative responsible for managing all administrative and technical requirements. Supervises Project Managers activities related to contract administration, change orders, submittals, procurement, project financials set-up and updates, and schedule to ensure projects are completed in a quality, profitable, safe, and timely manner. Maintains a relentless focus on meeting and exceeding both internal and external customer needs and expectations. Builds business with current customers by delivering on our promises and creates new business with potential customers in a proactive manner, promoting all of our preconstruction and construction services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PROJECT FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
* Creates and manages project s budget and coordinates the Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) development.
* Knows and understands the requirements of the Owner s contract, including bonds, fees, notifications, schedules, reporting, and costs.
* Develops and completes the Monthly Project Report including the Projected Final Cost Report (PFR) and Labor Cost Report (LCR) projections on time.
* Collaborates with Preconstruction to prepare, review, and monitor information and reports related to all costs involved in developing the project s budget.
* Ensures embedment of Sustainability on each project including implementation of the project specific Sustainability Action Plan.
* Takes ownership of process of determining the quantity of budget estimates/deliverables to client.
* Manages the subcontracting process, which includes holding initial scope review meetings, finalizing agreed price, developing subcontract scope of work, and managing the subcontract distribution and final execution process.
* Develops plan, complies with, and reports on Diverse Business Enterprises (DBE) goals and requirements for the project.
* Develops Mission Alignment Plan with the client and administers it.
* Collaborates with scheduling department, project manager, project superintendent, subcontractors, and suppliers to create a construction schedule.
* Develops an organizational and responsibilities matrix at the start of each project and determines the resources needed for the project (e.g., people, tools, equipment, materials, internal and external services).
* Reviews the contract documents with all project participants (e.g., customers, employees, subcontractors, suppliers, public agencies and other authorities having jurisdiction) to ensure work is completed on time and within budget.
* Coordinates and delivers all requirements for subcontractors and suppliers to meet project schedules including project administration, operations and close-out.
* Responsible for project administration and daily operations. Prepares and/or reviews the baseline project schedule, milestone dates, monthly updates and close-out activities. Reviews with project staff monthly and assigns responsibilities, execution, and follow-up plans.
* Establishes relationships and communication tools as needed with subcontractors/suppliers and other project stakeholders to verify all materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and personnel are obtained and/or delivered when necessary. Ensures that all stakeholders understand performance standards and expectations.
* Ensures that project site and company assets are secure and maintains a safe and respectful working environment at all times by implementing the company s Safety Health and Environmental Program, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), risk management, training, and quality control.
* The majority of work is completed either working from the Division main office or on job sites in an office trailer.
* The SPM may need to move to other projected work geographic locations, if necessary.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
* B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field preferred and 10+ years of experience in commercial general construction. Depending upon the project size, scope, and complexity the years of experience may vary.
* Demonstrates leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, solve problems, and motivate others, while maintaining effective relationships with customers by meeting or exceeding their requirements and expectations.
* Supervises and develops direct reports, including project managers and superintendents, while prioritizing and delegating significant responsibilities to others.
* Manages essential functions effectively by consistently driving for quality, profitable, safe, and timely results on the assigned project.
* Demonstrates solid presentation skills and verbal/written skills.
* Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company project management and communication tools. Full command of communication tools including email, internet and Microsoft Office suite.
* The majority of work is completed on job sites in an office trailer or in an existing structure. Due to daily condition changes on construction projects, when employees are outside of the office trailer or structure, they must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by the company's safety policies and as required for weather conditions.
* The project team and/or team member may need to move to other projected work geographic locations, if necessary.
Balfour Beatty is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, gender, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other status protected by state or federal law. Apply Now