Senior Project Manager of Clinical Integration
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
* Provides input into the information system vision and strategy of the organization.
* Assists in the negotiation of contracts for the acquisition of information systems, including software, hardware and support services, following established processes.
* Confers with representatives of user departments regarding information systems capabilities, the feasibility of developing or purchasing specific information systems, and the determination of system requirements and modifications.
* Supervises the conduct of feasibility studies, the preparation of Case For Change (CFC) and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), time study estimates, clinical and business process redesign, management engineering, and other processes necessary to insure selection, design, build and implementation of systems to meet organization strategies and business needs.
* Requirements Definition: Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates systems and user needs. Works with IM and stakeholders to formulate system parameters to parallel overall business strategies. Oversees development of detailed description of user-required program functions, and steps required for developing, implementing and/or modifying computer programs.
* Technical Analysis Design, and Development and Software Quality Assurance: Supports implementation of software applications. Provides oversight in the design and development of software applications, interfaces and custom programming, and testing processes through definition of test plans, test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software. Familiar with standard testing concepts, practices, and procedures.
* Plans, prioritizes, manages and schedules multiple large, complex projects, often overseeing multiple efforts and coordinating activities of other project managers. Assigns technical, supervisory, administrative and financial resources to meet approved corporate and regional project schedules and goals.
* Plans, prioritizes, delegates and reviews the work of assigned project staff; establishes schedules and methods for achieving project goals and objectives; and reviews work products, makes corrections and coordinates staff training and development efforts.
* Develops and implements effective written mechanisms to document and report on all plans, priorities, schedules and the current status of all projects. Assist with the development, implementation, communication and promotion of strategic and tactical plans Develops, plans and manages detailed project budgets, tracking all capital and operational expenditures and regularly reporting the budgetary status of all assigned project budgets including hardware, software and support components.
- Confers with hardware and software vendors; assists with the evaluation and selection of contract firms providing programming and analysis services and may assist in contract negotiations with vendors.
- System Architectural Planning: Works with IM Technical staff on the following:
- Insuring engineering, architecture, and design of technology infrastructure to support software products.
- Developing technical project plans, budgets, and technical specifications.
- System Integration Planning: Designs plans for interfacing and integrating various software packages as necessary. Has a working knowledge of middle-ware and database techniques used to exchange information between applications. Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within this field.
- Performs quality assurance functions which include validating the quality of hardware and software applications, developing test plans and strategies, conducting detailed research and analysis on software and hardware applications, and providing recommendations for application improvements. Insures test plans are executed by qualified personnel and that test results are documented. Insures that systems are brought live only after full validation of functionality based on results of testing and resolution of issues, including technical resolution and/or development of work-arounds acceptable to end-user and IM departmental leadership.
- Develops, maintains and enforces data resource management standards and procedures.
- Develops standards for maintaining data integrity and security and for data retention, archival and recovery.
- Oversees computer programming and system support associated with applications projects; may troubleshoot hardware and software application problems; identifies, recommends and implements system improvements, modifications, and upgrades.
- Plans and manages the development and delivery of training and educational programs for IM and User associates. Provides ongoing leadership and motivation to ensure that the project teams are focused, committed and capable of producing expected results. Creates and maintains a teamwork environment conducive to productive output, successful project delivery and ultimately meeting organizational goals associated with major efforts. Communicate, orally and in writing, with all staff levels to provide understanding and ownership of organizational objectives..
- Interfaces with and supports staff in all areas and at all levels in the definition of requirements, selection, design, development, and implementation, of information systems. Provides technical oversight of system architectural development and technical guidance on problem definition and resolution
- Provides effective oral and written communications to staff to facilitate understanding, ownership and accomplishment of project goals and objectives. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, possesses good negotiating skills and promotes teamwork among IM, user, vendor and consultant team members.
- Oversees the Technical and Operational training of IM project staff and super users who will provide long-term support for systems.
- Maintains follow-up process for system deficiencies and issues reports. Analyzes and recommends procedural standards and changes to enhance user tasks and correct problem areas, as they become known, prior to systems go-live.
- Contacts vendors regarding systems issues to receive support information or assistance. Negotiates software fix delivery dates in order to maintain progress within defined project timelines and budgets.
- Relationship Management: Develops relationships with divisions based upon industry knowledge, and how technology application can lead to competitive advantage. Sets direction based upon prioritized projects. Recommends technology related investments. Understands local issues and personalities. Advises local and corporate steering teams. Insures projects are made up of the right people with the appropriate skill sets. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Training: Works with IM Training and Vendors on the following:
- Planning for and ensuring preparation and maintenance of documentation pertaining to programming, systems operation and user documentation.
- Translating business specifications into user documentation.
- Planning, writing, and overseeing user support documentation efforts, including online help screens.
- Insuring training of users in the operation and functionality of computer applications and the related business processes.
- Validating competency of users in utilization of information systems prior to systems go-live or major changes.
- Insuring super-users or other support personnel are in place at go-live, and succession planning is documented to insure ongoing competency support in facilities and departments affected by new systems being implemented or upgraded.
- Application Functional Support: Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates application functionality. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the supported applications.