Senior Property Manager 8/31/2016
Newmark Grubb Knight Frank
LOS ANGELES, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
Responsible for the development and implementation of
policies, procedures and programs that will assure a
well managed, well maintained building, placing maximum
emphasis on positive response to the concerns and needs
of the tenants, environmental health and safety, and
quality programs, in coordination in conjunction with
the owner s goals and objectives.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Assist in solidifying positive relationship with
owner by being proactive and responsive to owners needs
2. Assist senior management in understanding and working
with the client to determine the goals and objective for
the performance of the real estate assets. Assist Vice
President and Portfolio Manager in developing and
implementing recommendations to position the property to
achieve the highest value consistent with the owner s
3. Prepare and report information in a timely fashion to
designated staff as set forth by Newmark Grubb Knight
Frank and the property owners.
4. Create and develop upgrades to services being
provided by the company in an effort to exceed client
5. Develop and implement staffing plans and job
descriptions as required for assigned sites and promote
continuous education for all on-site personnel.
6. Bottom line responsibility for the preparation,
presentation and content of the annual operating budget
and monthly financial reporting package.
7. Responsible for the final review and approval all
annual lease reconciliation and estimates.
8. Establish goals and objectives for the performance of
the on-site staff in meeting set goals and objectives in
a timely and efficient manner. Prepare employee
evaluations and make promotion and compensation
9. Develop a resource plan with overall accountability
for delivering a completed project, meeting customer
requirements, within set budgets and schedules.
10. Prepare lease abstracts and, in some cases, may have
final approval authority of all lease abstracts and
final document output.
11. Review specifications prepared for service
contracts. Responsible for selection and final award of
contract services, vendor negotiation of service
agreements and the overall monitoring of vendor
performance to assure full compliance with standards
established within the service agreement.
12. Review and approval of payables and receivables as
prepared at the site level.
13. Review and supervise all accounting output as
prepared by the accounting department as required by the
14. Weekly visits to sites to review policies and
procedures, personnel performance, and approving
invoices requiring signature. Quarterly inspections of
all properties contained within the portfolio.
15. Responsible for short and long range planning for
all properties assigned.
16. Ensure that all fire, life safety and other safety
programs are established and followed in conjunction
with the Environmental Health and Safety Act.
17. Maintain a positive image in performing daily work
both internally and externally.
Other Job Functions:
1. Responsible for providing input to proposal efforts
with the senior management.
2. Work with management to develop and implement
outstanding service programs for clients and tenants
3. Work closely with management to ensure the
property(s) succeeds as a profit center or expense
control for ownership.
4. May be required to conduct market surveys, recommend
pricing, develop marketing programs, and establish
broker rapport in support of leasing objectives.
Skills, Education And Experience:
* Bachelor s Degree in business or related field. RPA
and CCIM or CPM certification required.
* Minimum of 8 years experience in property
* Knowledge in all aspects of business including
leasing and construction management.
* Must have been responsible for a portfolio of three
or more projects with direct reports.
* Valid real estate license in States that require it.
* May perform other duties as assigned
Seeing: Must be able to read reports and use computer
Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate
Standing / Walking
Climbing / Stooping / Kneeling
Lifting / Pulling /Pushing
Fingering / Grasping / Feeling: Must be able to write,
type and use phone system
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the
absence of disagreeable elements
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by
employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of
personnel so classified.
Newmark Grubb Knight Frank is an Equal Opportunity
Req. Code : 4445