Senior Proposal Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Would you like to perform rewarding work while contributing to the success of an established, growing company* Pragmatics, Inc. is seeking a Senior Proposal Manager to support our Business Development team located in Reston, VA.
The Senior Proposal Manager is responsible for leading, managing, and supporting the proposal development lifecycle for all assigned proposals. The proposals are for Federal Government information technology pursuits, may vary in size from small to large, and may require a variety of solutions. The Proposal Manager is responsible for: administering proposal processes; ensuring configuration management; ensuring compliance; providing guidance and assistance to authors; administering proposal related resources; preparing proposal related reports; drafting sections including but not limited to resumes, and past performance; for editing and desktop publishing, etc. Tasks managed include Requests for Proposal (RFP) Analysis, Kick-Off Meetings, Status Calls, Proposal Development, Proposal Writing, Color Reviews, Proposal Production, etc. The Proposal Manager may also be called upon to assist in the preparation of responses to Requests for Information (RFIs).
The Senior Proposal Manager plays a critical role in the development of 100% compliant, compelling, and winning proposals. They will leverage their thorough understanding of and excellence in the activities of the entire proposal process from pre-RFP through customer award debriefs. This position reports to the Director of Proposal Operations.
Manage the full life cycle of RFP analysis, response development, and submission. This includes:
* Managing and/or writing the technical proposal sections, RFI responses, white papers, resumes, past performance citations, or other proposal narratives in response to solicitations.
* Interpreting RFP requirements for compliance mapping and building outlines.
* Developing/applying proposal templates, compliance matrices, resource assignments, production checklists, and bid and proposal budgets.
* Developing and maintaining the proposal schedule, and reporting on progress.
* Researching and organizing solutions and content including interviewing Subject Matter Experts to help craft responses to RFIs/RFPs.
* Collaborating with the Director of Proposal Operations, Proposal Coordinators, Capture Managers, Business Development Managers, Authors, Subject Matter Experts, Artists, Program Managers, Support Leads, etc.
* Editing, formatting, and desktop publishing documents and production (printing, binding, CD Rom creation, shipping, etc.)
* Documenting lessons learned.
* Assisting Director of Proposal Operations with other duties as assigned, for example, metrics tracking, compliance reviews, quality reviews, etc.
* Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in the development of large, complex, winning government proposals.
* Knowledge of RFP life cycle management and federal procurement regulations (FAR/DFARS).
* Proven leadership abilities.
* Very strong verbal and written skills clear, concise, and complete.
* Proven ability to successfully communicate company proposal objectives and key characteristics to management and teammates, in writing and oral presentations.
* Excellent people skills - able to work with teams of varying sizes, technical abilities, and levels of authority with both internal corporate staff and teammates.
* Thorough, detail oriented, and organized, with excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize, and to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
* Through knowledgeable of the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other database applications.
* Able to work under pressure of deadlines and long hours and weekends if required
education and years of experience
* Bachelor s or Master s Degree in Business, English. Technical or related academic field
* 7 - 10 years in proposal management/development for federal solicitations
* None, required, but ability to obtain a DoD clearance is a plus
Join an established and reliable mid-tier government contractor with a reputation for excellence. For over 30 years, Pragmatics, Inc. has provided state-of-the-art technology services and solutions to the federal government. We provide software engineering, agile business intelligence and analytics, audiovisual and learning technologies, cybersecurity, systems engineering, independent verification and validation, IT service management, program management, and transportation solutions. Pragmatics has diverse contracts with both defense and civilian agencies. We have been externally appraised at SEI CMMI Level 5 and are ISO 9001, ISO/IEC 27001, and ISO/IEC 20000-1 certified.
Pragmatics strives to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction, as well as rewarding careers for our employees, who are hardworking, enthusiastic, and dedicated to superior performance. We encourage you to find out more about our company and our benefits at: www.pragmatics.com. Pragmatics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.