Senior QA Automation Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Summary
Sr. QA Automation Engineer
QA | Santa Clara, CA
Are you excited about working for a company that s disrupting an entrenched industry* Chegg is revolutionizing the business of higher education. Chegg is looking for a hands-on Software Testing Engineer to help us craft the underlying systems that will allow us to continue to build the business as a leading social education platform.
Chegg s back office team is responsible for all shared services related to financial transactions. Every shopping cart, every transaction, every shipment, every you name it, if it impacts the bottom line, the back office team is there. We interface with every team at Chegg. If you want to participate in highly visible and highly impactful business projects, this is your team.
* You ll be creating automated tests for our highly scalable and fault tolerant Java based systems. We deal with financial transactions, so mistakes are literally costly. We highly value test driven development. We re not a TDD team yet. You will participate in improving our team to reach TDD nirvana.
* Understand the business problems being solved and understand how to evaluate our software that solves those problems
* Create tests that maximize the value to our business (reduce risk the most for the least investment in effort)
* Clearly communicate actionable insight to those that can resolve the problems you identify
* Expert in creating and maintaining automated test suites.
* Expert in communicating the results of tests and recommending corrective action
* Expert in translating expected behavior into a comprehensive test suite
* Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
* Experience with both RDBMS ( prefer MySQL ) and NoSQL
* Experience with a scripting language ( e.g. Python, Perl )
* Experience with an xUnit framework
* Experience working in a Linux/Unix development environment
* Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Experience with Python & Gherkin is a plus
REQUISITION NUMBER: 1817