Senior QA Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Ann Arbor, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Senior Software QA Engineer designs and develops test plan and automation test flow for products to optimize testing for complex trading products and resolve issues in innovative and practical ways.
* Applies expertise related to estimating, designing, developing and executing automatic test procedures and cases based on requirements relevant to automated test planning and creation for product and system testing
* Depending on specific requirements, writes effective manual and automated test cases or automated frameworks; performs software defect tracking and regression for identified software release
* Participates in regular testing activities across the trading product releases
* Assists in planning, analyzing, designing, developing, and executing training relative to manual testing, automation/load testing tools and methodologies
* Analyzes and understands each product's environment, architecture, and interdependencies to determine and apply appropriate test methodologies and cases relative to applications being tested
* Sets up test environments and builds out interdependent test beds
* Designs, develops, and executes reusable and maintainable automated scripts; plans and executes functional and system level testing of products across all platforms to test various features; applies expertise and understanding of issues that may arise around automated/load testing and assists in researching and providing solutions to add, modify, or enhance previously recorded automated scripts
* Uses appropriate quality control tools to uncover defects and discover the state of the code; analyzes and records testing results and defects
* Assists developers in reproducing problems and getting them resolved; participates in design activity with other programmers on technical aspects relating to testing, including functional specifications, design parameters, feature enhancements, and alternative solutions
* Contributes to the creation of status, technical, and management reports as required
* Actively supports and provides guidance on the company's software engineering and test processes, procedures, standards and customer use cases
* Establishes and maintains thorough and accurate documentation of all work including status updates to summarize project highlights
* Provides test related technical direction and project management within a project/scrum team; provides guidance in methodology selection, project planning, the review of work products; may serve in a part-time technical lead capacity to a limited number of junior test engineers, providing immediate direction and guidance
* Works closely with Technical Business Analyst, Software Engineers, Product Managers and other departments (operations, support and IT)
* Keeps technically abreast of trends and advancements within area of specialization, incorporating these improvements where applicable; attends technical conferences as appropriate
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering, or related field is preferred, with a minimum of 5 years of directly related work experience; in one of these fields; equivalent experience may be substituted for formal education
* Experienced working with release procedures, test methodologies, QA process and software defect tracking; demonstrated expert level on implementing test methodologies and tools (e.g. Selenium, Junit, Java, JIRA, Quality Center) to write automatic test script and test cases for software products.
* Experience implementing design and development approach, unit testing, debugging and integrating code; demonstrated ability to apply appropriate test methodologies including writing test plans and test cases
* Expertise in one or more object oriented languages (e.g. Java), and one or more scripting languages (e.g., Unix Shell, Perl, Java script); expertise in OOAD principles and methodologies, messaging, communication protocols, networking and OS concepts
* Good knowledge of Windows, Linux/Unix, Mobile OS (iOS and Android) as well as native applications including installation, operation and configuration; good understanding of software/protocols and database concepts; general understanding of software programming structure
* Experience with Project/Configuration Management methodologies and tools desired (e.g., Scrum, JIRA, Quality Center); experience in test effort estimation and tracking and leading projects of limited scope
* Knowledge and experience with relational database technologies (SQL, schema design) is a plus
* Experience with Configuration Management tools and processes
* Experience with complex trading products/systems preferred
**Candidates must be local and have authorization to work in the U.S. for any employer. No third parties.