Senior QA Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
ICE Data Services
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe seek a passionate, hardworking Senior SoftwareQuality Assurance Engineer. The candidate will be responsible for testing IDC proprietary fixed income pricing applications. Candidates must be capable of reviewing software applications objectively, work with Business Analysts and End-Users to understand requirements and Developers to understand the impact of changes to assist debugging and enhancing IDC applications. The candidate must have exceptional communication and negotiation skills as they will be required to work directly with Product Management and Development personnel on a regular basis. The candidate will be required to review functional requirements to assess their impact on the software applications and formulate tests cases from them. The candidate must be well versed in Software QA concepts, practices and tools and will rely on their extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The candidate must understand test automation tools, techniques and best practices and be capable of working with a test automation team. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining test plans and manual test cases. The candidate must be capable of presenting regular progress reports, defect reports and test execution reports.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills, an ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities, and be able to work with a team as well as independently
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Hands-on experience with Linux systems
* Experience automating Performance tests
* Experience in the Financial Industry (experience with Fixed Income products is preferred)
* Experience with mainstream QA and defect tracking tools (implementing or administering such tools is preferred).
* At least 5+ years of experience in the field of SoftwareQuality Assurance
Additional skills that are not required but nice to have:
* Experience in writing linux shell scripts
* Hands-on experience with scripting language(s) (Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby)
* Experience in Test Automation using HP Unified Functional Tester or Selenium Webdriver
* Hands-on experience with code version systems like SVN, Git