Senior QC Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 3/21/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Bio-Rad's Digital Biology Center located in Cambridge, MA, provides the only fully-integrated DNA sequencing platform to help clinical laboratories diagnose genetic diseases and many forms of cancer. We offer a fun and energetic environment. We favor candidates who enjoy working in a collaborative and multi-disciplined team environment incorporating Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Software, Molecular Biology, Mechanical and Electrical.
We are looking for a Senior QC Associate to support the development and production of molecular biology assays and reagents.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Ensuring the quality of incoming raw materials, in-process, stability and release testing of samples following SOPs, Work Instruction (WI) and GMP guidelines
* Document all analysis following approved work instructions and GMP guidelines.
* Assist with the maintenance of QA monitoring programs, such as internal audits.
* Support new product development and continuous improvement by integrating QC tools and techniques.
* Create and maintain required QC process documentation. Generate certificate of analysis.
* Participate in lab investigations; respond to corrective and preventive actions related to laboratory investigations.
* Support manufacturing and other lab operations.
* Troubleshooting of equipment issues.
* Other duties, which may be assigned, based on the need.
* B.S. science related degree (such as Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology etc.) with 3-5 yrs. in an industry setting (in-vitro diagnostic environment a plus).
* Understanding of molecular biology, assay development, and DNA diagnostic chemistry is highly desirable
* Success working in a team-based cross functional organization,
* Be highly self-motivated, an excellent communicator, highly analytical,
* Have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain focus on deliverables
* Experience in laboratory techniques such as RT-PCR and UV/VIS is highly desirable.
* Ability to understand and utilize custom instrumentation
* Understanding and awareness of cleanliness, such as sterile technique, in a PCR laboratory is required.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* High attention to detail adhering to regulatory guidelines.
EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age Employer
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.