Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis position works closely with development engineers, business analysts, and other Quality Assurance team members to identify, report, and troubleshoot defects to verify problem fixes in a detailed, efficient, and timely manner.
* Ensure that new and existing product functionality are reliable, defect free and function as intended
* Create, document, verify and execute component-level to user acceptance test plans and test cases, both automated and manual
* Work closely with business partners and the application development team in eliciting project requirements to create test cases
* Participate in the development and reporting of test metrics; items such as test confidence and test coverage reports
* Review requirements specifications and identify gaps and inconsistencies
* Work closely with development engineers, business analysts, and other QA team members to identify, report, and troubleshoot defects; verify problem fixes in a detailed, efficient, and timely manner
* Provide leadership among other Quality Assurance Analyst positions; facilitating a lead role in providing direction and working directly with the Product Development Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
* Knowledge of Quality Assurance methodologies and SDLC
* Good communication skills (Verbal and Written)
* Familiar with test automation and software and test management systems
* Some professional experience with CodedUI
* Prior experience with Server and Client OS based technologies
* Solid knowledge of Microsoft's Visual Studio and Team Systems _CURRENT_ product line and _FUTURE_ market test platforms
* Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science degree
* 5+ years' experience in software Quality Assurance
* 3+ years' experience in database testing with the ability to read, write, and execute basic SQL queries
* 1+ years' experience working in an Agile software development life cycle methodology
* Must have at least 3+ years' experience in the software testing of multi-tier client/server applications
* Ability to understand software development framework, architecture concepts, and terminology
* Experience with Microsoft Test Manager
* Innate project leadership; desires accountability and responsibilities to promote the success of our company
* Ability to multi-task and work separate projects in a fast paced builds a sustaining collaborative and productive relationship with clients; seeks to understand client situations, issues, expectations, etc.; takes appropriate action to meet client needs and address concerns; implements or utilizes methods to monitor and evaluate client feedback; appropriately meets client needs without jeopardizing business outcomes or results.
RESULTS ORIENTED- Sets stretch goals for personal accomplishment and works tenaciously to achieve those goals; acts with a sense of urgency; takes the initiative on actions; establishes metrics to monitor progress and measure success; maintains focus by avoiding or overcoming roadblocks.
INTEGRITY - Behaves in an honest, fair and ethical manner; shows consistency in words and actions; does what he/she commits to doing; respects the confidentiality of information or concerns shared by others; is honest and forthright with people; carries his/her fair share of the workload; takes responsibility for own mistakes.
ENTREPRENEURIAL ORIENTATION - Proposes innovative business opportunities/ideas to customers and business partners; encourages and supports entrepreneurial behavior in others; demonstrates willingness to take calculated risks to achieve business goals.
DECISIVENESS - The ability to make well informed, effective, and timely decisions even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; ability to make tough decisions.
Epiq Systems solves problems faced by the legal profession in managing high volume, complex electronic data. We serve corporations and law firms around the world in practice areas spanning bankruptcy, litigation, class action, mass tort, antitrust, investigations and regulatory compliance.
Epiq combines proprietary software, deep subject matter expertise and a global infrastructure to assist clients with the technology requirements for their most important and complex matters. Our clients include top worldwide law firms, corporate legal departments, government agencies and trustees.
We strive for a cohesive, collaborative environment that focuses on group achievement.
Epiq is a NASDAQ listed company (EPIQ) with over 1400 associates worldwide. Epiq operates globally with key offices in Hong Kong, Kansas City (corporate headquarters), London, New York, Phoenix, Shanghai (data center only), Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
Epiq Systems, Inc. and its affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, marital or veteran status or any othercategory protected under applicable federal, state or local law. In addition Epiq Systems will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq Systems is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.