Senior Quality Assurance Engineer 9/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About the Position:
This position offers the right candidate an opportunity to participate in two of the fastest growing segments of the Internet SaaS and the Cloud! Get in on the ground floor at Everbridge, the market leader for Incident Management and Communications solutions.
About the team:
As a member of the Everbridge Quality Assurance team, this individual will be responsible for functional testing, the design, development, and maintenance of modular, extensible and reusable test automation harnesses and scripts. The Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer will work in tandem with the project and development teams to qualify and test our proprietary communication system. The ideal candidate will have excellent knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle, extensive experience in Quality Assurance processes, methodologies, and best practices, hands-on skills with test automation tools for functional, performance and load testing, as well as technical testing skills such as database querying and code comprehension. The Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer will test to ensure the quality of each product s version/build prior to release. The candidate must be able to learn quickly, work in a fast paced team driven environment, and have the ability to communicate well with non-technical personnel.
* Capturing and reading SIP traces for voice calls
* Hands on voice quality automation in either Python, Perl, or Bash.
* Understanding and execution of best testing practices
* Reproduce, diagnose, and document software defects
* Collaborate with software developers to communicate defects and offer suggestions.
* 6+ years performing in a Quality Assurance role
* 2+ years test automation experience with open source tools is a strong plus
* 2+ years experience with VOIP technologies such as SIP, RTP or MRCP
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to analyze requirements, and design suitable test cases
* Ability to develop and execute test plans successfully
* Ability to troubleshoot and debug issues
* Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as needed
* Detail oriented with attention to proper defect creation specifics
* BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or equivalent
About the company:
Everbridge is a global enterprise software company that provides applications which automate the delivery of critical information to help keep people safe and businesses running. During mission-critical business events or man-made or natural disasters, over 2,700 global customers rely on the Everbridge platform to quickly and reliably construct and deliver contextual notifications to millions of people at one time. The company s platform sent over 1 billion messages in 2015, and offers the ability to reach more than 200 countries and territories with secure delivery to over 100 different communication devices. With headquarters in both Boston and Los Angeles, Everbridge serves 8 of the 10 largest U.S. cities, 7 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks, 24 of the 25 busiest North American airports, and 6 of the 10 largest global automakers. As a company with a culture that is committed to Making a Difference, Everbridge was recently named a Best Place to Work by both the Boston and Los Angeles Business Journals!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.