Senior Quality Test Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
EBSCO Information Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
Senior Quality Test Engineer
The Senior Quality Test Engineer at EBSCO plays a strategic role in maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction by providing an assessment of product quality and helping the business to understand risk. We are looking for a highly motivated leader with experience in testing large-scale high-volume applications who will make an immediate and positive impact on our fast paced, agile software development team. Your mission is to gain a thorough understanding of the architecture and services behind the EBSCOhost applications in order to lead the test, diagnosis, and troubleshooting of the system for the team. This requires working with multiple technical teams, mentoring all team members, writing both UI and API functional automated tests that maximize test coverage and improve system reliability and performance.
* Develop in-depth technical understanding of EBSCO products and testing tools.
* Ensure quality products by defining quality gates and building acceptance tests.
* Lead the team by driving product quality from feature inception to release.
* Lead the development and execution of software test plans using both automated and manual testing to ensure products meet design specifications and are within the specified quality standards.
* Lead the design and implementation of test automation strategies.
* Design, setup, configure, and maintain automated testing environments in a continuous integration setting.
* Document test reports, test strategies, test plans, test cases, and defect reports.
* Lead troubleshooting and issue triage for the team.
* Act as a mentor by applying knowledge and experience to the development of new methods, programs and procedures.
* Lead regular production deployments of applications.
* Leadership: Helps take ownership of the end feature deliverable and provides the necessary information, direction and feedback to collaborating individuals and teams throughout the process to ensure the expected outcomes are achieved on time.
* Technical Proficiency: Understands the interdependencies and interconnected systems that tie into your application. This information should be used when designing test approaches and to understand proper environment setup for test.
* Multi-Tasking: Thrives in fast paced environment that works on multiple projects and priorities. Ability to manage priorities is important.
* Problem Solving: Analytical. Proactively identifies and works to mitigate issues before they arise.
* Detail Oriented: Pays attention to little details. Has patience and perseverance for pursuing a problem until the reason has been exposed and is well understood. Proactive to initiate plans for corrective actions.
* Communication: Speak and write clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative and maintain this standard in all forms of written communications, including email. Able to effectively communicate and present technical concepts to technical and non-technical professionals.
* Collaboration: Works effectively with team members and cross functional teams to accomplish individual, team and organization goals.
* Risk Assessment: Able to identify, evaluate, and estimate the level of risk involved and adequately/ effectively communicate said risk to the business. Use risk management to make active decisions on test approaches.
* Flexibility/Adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
* Continuous Improvement: Continually focused on improving the quality of the applications delivered.
* Assertiveness: Move quickly and takes a forceful stand without being abrasive. Also knows limits and escalates issues when necessary.
* Follow through on commitments: Lives up to verbal and written agreements.
* Positive Attitude
* Good Judgement
* Open Communication
* Desire to Make an Impact
* Eager to Understand
* Team Player
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
* 5-7 years experience in Software Testing/Software Quality Assurance with a strong background in automated testing of web applications and APIs.
* 5+ years of programming or scripting experience.
* 3-5 years of automation experience testing APIs.
* 3-5 years of automation experience testing web applications.
* 1+ years working in an agile development environment.
* Experience working with web technologies and protocols.
* Demonstrated knowledge or experience working with Windows operating system.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment and ability to react to changing priorities.
* Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple projects simultaneously.
* Experience with automation and non-functional test approaches.
* Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
* Knowledge of object oriented development including Visual Studio and C#.
* Experience working with network/troubleshooting tools such as Wire Shark, Fiddler, Firebug, etc.
* Experience in delivering frequent product releases.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.