Senior R&D Engineer Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRIMARY LOCATION: US-MA-Marlborough
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS: (n/a); US-CA-San Jose
REQUISITION ID: 288965
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. The Urology and Pelvic Health business unit provides proven, leading solutions to treat kidney stones, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), erectile dysfunction (ED), male incontinence and pelvic floor disorders-more urology subspecialties than any other company. In addition, we continue to invest in gynecologic surgical solutions for the treatment of abnormal uterine bleeding and uterine fibroids. These offerings can help healthcare providers advance patient outcomes, reduce procedure costs and enhance quality-enabling millions of men and women to regain control of their lives. We have a robust product line and pipeline, and we will continue to make an investment in urology and pelvic health.
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. In the Endoscopy division, we provide advance technologies for diagnosing and treating diseases of the digestive system, airway and lungs. Medical Conditions we provide solutions for include: Malignant & Benign Tumors, Gastrointestinal Diseases, Pulmonary Diseases, Gastrointestinal Cancers and Abscesses. We are able to provide a number of solutions to patients that include: Balloon Dilation, Stenting, ERCP/Cholangioscopy, Biliary, Biopsy and Polypectomy, Hemostasis, Radio Frequency Ablation and Enteral Feeding. We have a robust product line and pipeline, and we will continue to make an investment in Endoscopy treatments.
Sr R&D Engineer:- Fiber Optic Engineer
Develops new technology, products, materials, processes, or equipment with minimal supervision. Independently, or as a member of a team, develops, directs, and executes plans for a major segment of complex projects. Compiles and analyzes operational, test, and research data to establish technical specifications for designing or modifying products, processes, and materials.
- Consistently generates innovative and unique solutions to market needs. Work is expected to result in the development of new or refined products, processes or equipment.
- Successfully completes complex engineering work in one or more of the following: technology development, product design and development, test of materials or products, preparation of specifications, process study, research investigation (animal and clinical studies), and report preparation.
- Selects techniques to solve complex problems and make sound design recommendations.
- Summarizes, analyzes, and draws conclusions from complex test results.
- Designs and prepares complex reports to communicate results to technical community.
- Executes projects on commercialized products that generates a return to the business
- Reviews product changes to protect the design intent
- Engages in cost reduction projects while efficiently maintaining compliance.
- Executes Quality, Compliance and Continuity projects, such as: CAPA, Shelf Life Testing.
- Designs and coordinates complex engineering tests and experiments.
- Coordinates, manages, and documents project goals and progress and recommends appropriate revisions.
- Assesses the feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering evaluation tests, products or equipment.
- Translates customer needs into product requirements and design specifications.
- Responsible for engineering documentation.
- Works cooperatively with process development, quality, manufacturing, regulatory, clinical, and marketing on complex projects to ensure project success.
- May train and/or provide work direction to technicians and entry-level engineers.
- Demonstrates PDP/TPD system knowledge through delivery of high quality and high impact deliverables.
- Will serve as a lead in fiber optic disposable design to support product design and development, test of materials, preparation of specifications, process study, research investigations (animal and clinical studies), and report preparation.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Physics, Laser/Optics Engineering preferred). Master's is preferred
- 9+ years of experience or Master's degree and 5+ years of experience.
- Expert theoretical and practical knowledge of fiber optic design or manufacturing
- Experience in the medical device industry is an advantage
Quality System Requirements:
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable:
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 30 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: US-MA-Marlborough||(n/a); US-CA-San Jose||Research & Development||(n/a)
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, CAPA, R&D Engineer, Medical Device Engineer, Engineering, Management