Senior R&D Engineer Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRIMARY LOCATION: US-MA-Marlborough
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS: (n/a)
REQUISITION ID: 284934
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. In the Endoscopy division, we provide advance technologies for diagnosing and treating diseases of the digestive system, airway and lungs. Medical Conditions we provide solutions for include: Malignant & Benign Tumors, Gastrointestinal Diseases, Pulmonary Diseases, Gastrointestinal Cancers and Abscesses. We are able to provide a number of solutions to patients that include: Balloon Dilation, Stenting, ERCP/Cholangioscopy, Biliary, Biopsy and Polypectomy, Hemostasis, Radio Frequency Ablation and Enteral Feeding. We have a robust product line and pipeline, and we will continue to make an investment in Endoscopy treatments.
SR R&D ENGINEER
Develops new technology, products, materials, processes, or equipment with minimal supervision. Independently, or as a member of a team, develops, directs, and executes plans for a major segment of complex projects. Compiles and analyzes operational, test, and research data to establish technical specifications for designing or modifying products, processes, and materials.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Technical Engineer responsible for leading Exploratory, Technology Development and New product development relating to medical electrical devices and equipment
- Develop, both internally and with external vendors, solutions containing electronics, hardware and software.
- Define and lead electrical safety testing of products (i.e. 60601).
- Lead product development and verification activities for capital equipment including: translation of customer needs to product requirements, definition of test methods and sampling plans.
- Act as System Engineer and Liaison with external design service consultants
- Provide guidance for product design and testing that will comply with electrical safety standards.
- Work closely with Mechanical Engineers to develop electromechanical design solutions.
- Work with marketing and customers to identify and define unmet needs.
- Provide electronic and system level troubleshooting of prototype devices to aid product development.
- Work as a "hands-on" Engineer in performing troubleshooting on new products/process problems as related to design, material, or process.
- Conduct feasibility studies to verify capability and functionality or to assess existing technologies.
- Identify and direct project activities and timeline to meet objectives in a timely manner and within budget.
- Solve complex problems and make sound design recommendations.
- Design and implement test methods and equipment to support product development.
- Summarize, analyze, and draw conclusions from complex test results.
- Prepare complex reports and communicate results to technical community.
- Consistently generate innovative and unique solutions to market needs and submit idea disclosures.
- Responsible for engineering documentation.
- Work cooperatively with process development, quality, manufacturing, regulatory, clinical, and marketing on complex projects to ensure project success.
- Train and/or provide work direction to lower level engineers and technicians.
- Successfully completes complex engineering work in one or more of the following: technology development, product design and development, test of materials or products, preparation of specifications, process study, research investigation (animal and clinical studies), and report preparation.
- Demonstrate PDP/TDP system knowledge through delivery of high quality and high impact deliverables.
- Translates customer needs into product requirements and design specifications.
- Participates in sustaining engineering teams to identify increased or new failure rates associated with fielded product.
- Participates in design teams to deliver Safety and Reliability deliverables for new products.
- Participates in the authoring of Health Risk Analysis by contributing with the reliability analysis.
- "Go to" person for specific product families with regards to overall product performance.
- Manages and implements process improvement and helps develop and implement team strategies.
- Familiarity with medical devices and external standards.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements of multiple geographies.
- Experience with design and development of medical capital equipment.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related technical field; MS preferred
- 5 years of engineering work experience (medical device field preferred)
- Design of analog and digital electronics including PCB design
- Design of optical systems including cameras and lens for endoscopes
- Working knowledge of IEC 60601 standards, including EMC testing
- Electronic troubleshooting, including use of standard measurement equipment (multi-meters, oscilloscopes)
- Manufacture and test of Medical Electronic Equipment
- Software/Programming: MATLAB, C++, Altium or OrCad, SolidWorks, Microsoft Office Suite
Quality System Requirements:
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable:
Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 30 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: US-MA-Marlborough||(n/a)||Research & Development||(n/a)
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Product Development, Electrical, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Research, Engineering