Senior R&D Extrusion Engineer - Hudson, NH
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Function Summary: Lead major projects involving the design of specialized equipment, methods, and tooling required for the extrusion of plastic materials.
Job Functions: (Primary "essential" duties and responsibilities)
* Processing precision single and multi-lumen tubing, tooling design, extruder operation and management of
* Lead growth of extrusion development within a rapidly growing developer and manufacturer of medical devices.
* Conceive and implement cost reductions and quality improvements.
* Troubleshoot technical problems related to the production of plastic products.
* Team with Manufacturing and Quality Engineers to reduce scrap and production costs.
* Writing and implementing validation protocols and reports (IQ, OQ, PQ).
* Participating in CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) projects.
* Contribute to cross-functional teams that enhance improvement initiatives, capital planning, project implementation, process improvement, and product development.
* Initiate, direct, and support projects to implement innovative equipment processes, and methods that enhance efficiency, improve safety, and increase profitability.
* Perform other related duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Bachelor's in Plastics, Mechanical, or other Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
* A minimum of ten years experience in medical plastics processing.
* Experience in manufacturing extruded plastic products/components.
* Excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of design and mechanical engineering concepts.
* Proven success in product development as a leader of a cross-functional team.
* Direct supervisory experience in managing engineering staff.
* Skills in the following: Design of Experiment, FMEA, design for manufacture, profile extrusion, processing balloon perform tubing; die/mandrel design.
* Strong knowledge of MS Office applications skills (Word, Excel).
* Proficiency in 3-D solid modeling CAD software (SolidWorks) preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
GETINGE is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability