Senior R&D Scientist - Cereal
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Food. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Annie's, Lara Bar, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.6 billion during fiscal 2015.
We seek out the best talent, and then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
General Mills is seeking a Research and Development Product Developer in Minneapolis, MN. The Product Developer is responsible for delivering breakthrough innovation and providing technical solutions while leading new product development and improving current product quality and process system performance across business teams. The Product Developer works in a hands-on environment across a broad spectrum of activities, including new product strategy, concept development, product formulation, process development, scale-up and plant start-ups. As a Product Developer, you assume the roles of innovator, project leader, and technical problem-solver as you team with Marketing, Marketing Research, Manufacturing and Engineering professionals. Together, you are accountable for expanding new product businesses and implementing major product improvements.
In this role you will:
* Lead and support multiple process & product development initiatives - short and long term.
* Provide technical leadership to deliver products from prototypes to launch
* Provide process leadership including system design, optimization and impact on food structure, stability and quality
* Collaborate across the platform and with business unit and technical cross-functional teams
* Leverage external partners and networks to deliver business needs
* Lead pilot plant and manufacturing plant trials to optimize products and processes.
* Create and maintain effective documentation including technical plans, experimental design, and product specification creation.
* Develop and use project management techniques to define and guide pipeline innovation processes.
* Additional duties as assigned.
* BS Food Science, Agricultural, Chemical, Mechanical or Food Engineering, OR Masters or Ph.D. in Food Science
* Minimum 3+ years related experience in the food industry
* Demonstrated knowledge in food science and processing.
* Demonstrated project management skills and strong interpersonal skills to lead cross-functional teams
* Demonstrated skills in managing numerous projects concurrently and adaptability to changing business needs
* Demonstrated leadership and initiative, ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
* Demonstrated skills in developing effective external partnerships to deliver business needs
* Ability to travel (variable depending on project).
* Understanding of unit operations typically utilized in wet and dry food production.
* Knowledge of or experience with Vertical Start Up (VSU) and Continuous Improvement (CI) desired, but not required.
* Ability to influence R&D and other functions.