Senior Rail Contract Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOverview: About CIT
CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
Responsibilities: This position's primary responsibility is to prepare and negotiate lease documentation for railcar and locomotive transactions.
* Preparation of lease documentation packages
* Participate in documentation negotiations with Sr. Contract Specialist or department head.
* Confirm insurance and risk compliance.
* Communicate and continual follow-up via phone and email with customers and sales to obtain executed documents.
* Field non-interpretive documentation questions from internal and external customers.
* Produce and distribute timely and accurate management reports.
* Maintain and update internal leasing system with current transaction statuses.
* Process signed lease documents .
* Timely file Memorandum of Railcar Leasing forms with the Surface Transportation Board (STB).
* Draft department policies and procedures
* Assist Chief Counsel in preparing various documents as required.
* Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred but not required
* 1 or more years of experience in rail leasing or banking environment
* Proficient in all Microsoft Office products and ability to learn new systems
* Strong analytical skills
* Familiarity with legal documents and terms
* Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
* High attention to detail
* Ability to successfully work with all levels within the organization
* Strong written and communication skills