Senior Rails Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Saint Helena, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSenior Rails Developer
ETS Laboratories - Saint Helena CA
JOB TITLE: SENIOR RAILS DEVELOPER
WHO WE ARE:
ETS Laboratories is the worldwide leader in providing independent, ISO-accredited analytical services to the wine industry. We partner with the world's greatest winemakers to provide them with innovative analytical tools of the highest quality and an unmatched expertise to support the art of winemaking.
We're an established, profitable company with real users - since we opened in 1978, ETS Laboratories has grown to five locations across the West coast with a staff whose knowledge covers a broad range of expertise. We recruit globally, and boast a diverse, highly trained team with a broad range of experience and advanced degrees.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
We're looking for an experienced developer to take ownership of our existing web application and APIs, and help drive future development of new products and features to deliver greater value to our clients and support them as they make the world's finest wines. You'll be joining a small but efficient IT team, and will play a large role in developing our product roadmap and planning future development.
You'll be responsible for maintaining and monitoring our existing Rails web app, and undertaking continuous improvement including enhancements, optimization, and platform updates. This will include communicating and collaborating with the product manager and our customers to troubleshoot bugs and operational issues. You will also need to optimize and manage our existing APIs, refactoring if necessary, and create new APIs to support future development and 3rd-party integrations.
As our main Rails developer, you'll need to rely on your experience and expertise to be self-sufficient and work independently a majority of the time, while also collaborating heavily with our .NET developer and lab staff to understand and integrate legacy systems and extend the functionality of the current app. You'll also work as part of a project team with outside development partners when tackling new applications and major releases.
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING WITH:
* Ruby on Rails / Coffeescript
* Marionette / Backbone
* SOAP & REST APIs
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
* At least 5+ years experience as a Rails developer
* Experience following a structured development workflow, including version control, CI testing and code documentation
* Experience developing and maintaining secure APIs
* Experience with relational data modeling
* A bachelor's or graduatedegree in computer science or a related discipline
* Ability to work independently, and as part of a project team
* Comprehensive employer-paid health and vision insurance
* 401k, FSA, and group life insurance
* Support for productivity and continued learning through hardware, conference attendance, training courses, and learning materials
* Flexible scheduling
* Offices near some of the world's most beautiful vineyards