Senior Recovered Fiber Buyer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
GREIF (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B) is a 138 year old world leader in industrial packaging products and services. We produce steel, plastic, fibre, flexible and corrugated containers, packaging accessories and container board, and provide blending, filling and packaging services for a wide range of industries. We also manage acreage in the United States. With more than 16,000 employees in 200 operating locations in more than 50 countries, GREIF is positioned to serve global as well as regional customers. If you're looking for a rock-solid global manufacturing company committed to continuous improvement, and one that knows the power of lean, look to GREIF. You'll be part of a team known for its industry-leading talent, unparalleled portfolio and unmatched commitment to customer success. Our culture, founded on the GREIF Way, promotes recognition and rewards collaboration, hard work and commitment. We are continually seeking a diverse mix of talented people. We want people with a passion for working in partnership with customers. We want people with potential who can take GREIF to the next level in packaging excellence.
As a Senior Recovered Fiber Buyer with GREIF, you will have the responsibility for the sourcing, quality, and administration of recovered fiber purchased for the mill. Represent GREIF in the marketplace locating new suppliers, developing relationships with material generators and brokers, maintaining accounts, and overseeing all associated commercial activities. Develop strategic alliances with solid waste management companies and municipalities. Investigate brokerage arrangements for recovered fiber and other recyclables as necessary to secure fiber sources.
* Identify new sources of recovered fiber at the required quality, at competitive pricing, and within an economical shipping distance.
* Negotiate pricing and volumes of recovered fiber and maintain a professional relationship with each supplier.
* Develop relationships with suppliers of recovered fiber, and maintain a thorough and current knowledge of the recovered fiber markets.
* Maintain an adequate supply of fiber to meet the production requirements of the mill, and manage the Mills inventory to minimize cost and to optimize working capital.
* Develop supply agreements involving generators, solid waste management companies, municipalities, and recycling equipment suppliers.
* Perform audits with all fiber sources to ensure compliance with the Sustainable Forestry Initiative, and to maintain the Mills Chain of Custody
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran