SXL - Senior Regulatory Accountant 9/7/2016
Sugar Land, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Primary Responsibilities
Sunoco Logistics is currently seeking a Senior Regulatory Accountant. The prospective employee will be responsible for the following:
* Editing and filing of Regulatory and Severance Tax reports including reconciliation with constantly changing underlying data.
* Initiating approved payments and monitoring and reconciling the associated accounting entries necessary in the purchase of lease crude.
* Research all invoices for penalty and interest for validity and cause and prepare payment requests and G/L entries.
* Coordinate data from outside sources to be sure regulatory reporting is correct and all data is in sync
* Research and provide opinions on State and Federal Regulatory matters.
* Responsible for Regulatory Reporting of volume movements and other regulatory reports which may not be specifically Tax related.
* Bachelor Degree
* Minimum of 2 years of Accounting, including general ledger experience
* Proficient with PC applications (EXCEL)
* Must be knowledgeable in federal and state regulations regarding reporting requirements and compliance
* Must be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision; detail oriented with strong organization, prioritization, analytical, investigative, and troubleshooting skills
* Able to use data from one system to make payment in another
* Able to respond to and potentially mediate any penalty and interest charges
* Good understanding of General Ledger accounting and tax set
* Good Understanding of tax implications of unusual oil and gas arrangements
* Good Understanding of a variety of regulatory requirements
* Good System skills are required to operate in a variety of systems, both main frame and Server based.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
* Bachelor in Accounting or Business/Finance
* SAP experience
* Experience with Canadian Tax
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Vet.
Sunoco Logistics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications.
Additional BenefitsTuition Reimbursement
Flexible Spending Accounts