Senior Report Remediation Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Mount Laurel, NJ
The position functions as a liaison between departments, report remediation specialist and external customer. The ideal candidate will address and resolve customer service issues and be able to perform all functions performed on the report remediation team which includes report remediation and distribution, Compliance research and resolution, and ad hoc project support for all functions within PHH Mortgage Services. The Senior Report Remediation Specialist will need to have experience or training in Underwriting or Loan Processing along with experience necessary for all tasks completed on the team.
Support the Loan Processing Center and the Sales Team by reviewing daily edit reports to ensure Compliance Packages and Application Packages are provided to borrowers within the designated timeframe. Work directly with the Mortgage Loan Consultants, Processors and LPC/Sales Teams to resolve pricing edits and release Application Holds, allowing an application package be provided in a timely manner. Perform Credit Account Reporting System (CARS) functions as defined in the CARS Procedures. Complete Co-Op Audits for clear to close before the loan is moved to Ready for Closing. Utilize reports where loan conditions were cleared and confirm they were cleared correctly. Complete verification requests that require a fee via Verification Assistance Email Box. Perform additional functions assigned by Operational Control & Governance (OCG) management and/or PHH Senior Leadership. Track and analyze items to determine business opportunities for improvement and provide feedback to affected areas.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Review and correct reports and compliance deficiencies through research and knowledge as well as locating and providing corrective documents in Document Viewer.
* Analyze requests and validate information within the systems and confirm records are accurate
* Submit, update and document responses (verifications, co-op inquiries, etc.) to appropriate parties
* Work closely with Loan Consultants, Processors and LPC/Sales teams to resolve compliance issues and concerns and document findings.
* Review and remediate reports or requests submitted by Operational Reporting, Team supervisor and/or Senior Manager
* Update database repository with current status
* Provide ad hoc project support, as needed
* Fulfill requests for information received from various departments (verification requests, ML mortgage guarantees, Chase Paymentech, etc.)
* Conduct document searches for customers and PHH Mortgage Services staff
* Confirm deliverables assigned are met
* Close out daily functions by ensuring proper updates and recordings, within the system
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
* High School Diploma
o Bachelors Degree is preferred
* 2+ years mortgage experience
o 1 year experience within PHH strongly preferred
* Experience or training in Mortgage Underwriting or Loan Processing
* Risk/Compliance experience beneficial
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong facilitation and presentation skills
* Analytical, with an ability to identify and resolve problems
* Well organized, paying close attention to detail
* Ability to manage multiple priorities in a timely manner
* Ability to meet the needs of internal and external customers by delivering high quality service
* Rapidly adapts to changing information, conditions and/or unexpected obstacles
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Operates effectively in a team environment as well as independently
* Business case development and analysis
* Knowledge of PHH policies, procedures, processes, investor requirements and regulations preferred.
* Skilled in conflict resolution
* Ability to partner with others internally and externally to achieve desired results
TRAINING / LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
* Must pass PHH Corporation s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
* Behaves as a Leadership Role Model
* Builds Strong Working Relationships
* Drives and Delivers Exceptional Results
* Customer/External Focus
* Proficient in Microsoft Applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Experience with Microsoft Project, SharePoint and/or Business Objects a plus
TRAVEL / WORK SCHEDULE
* Day Schedule, Position is Non-Exempt
* Occasional travel may be required
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
PHH is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status