Senior Research Analyst - Industrial 9/7/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Senior Research Analyst - Industrial
Auto Req ID
The Senior Research Analyst position is a unique role that allows an experienced candidate to immediately contribute to best-in-class local and national industrial market research and to be a critical component of the market-leading Los Angeles industrial practice. The Senior Research Analyst will predominantly track and analyze all aspects of the real estate industrial market, including trends in pricing, vacancies, new construction and economic conditions, and will be counted on as a key support resource for the local industrial practice.
This is a Los Angeles/Inland Empire based position and the Senior Research Analyst will report directly to the Director of Research for Southern California for research deliverables and members of the Los Angeles/Inland Empire industrial brokerage and leadership team for other deliverables.
* Continually develop, enhance and leverage detailed knowledge of the local economy and real estate markets to become a subject matter expert in this territory
* Proactively find & develop insights & trends; compile, format and deliver information and knowledge on market and economic activity, conditions, trends, and forecasts to internal & external clients in an engaging manner
* Become an invaluable research & knowledge resource on the local industrial property sector; developing strong relationships with internal and external clients and facilitate the use of research as a differentiator
* Expand the research platform including processes and products
* Lead the adoption of MarketSphere for the LA area industrial research team, including establishment of LA industrial property inventory and loading of market comps into MarketSphere
* Work with business leaders, communications and marketing team to position research to contribute to business development efforts
* Create annual research plan for the local market that aligns with Americas research plans and local business objectives
* Seek out, develop and share best practice standards for the region and the Americas Research Group
* Develop and leverage relationships with research counterparts at other local commercial real estate firms
* Understand and manage key resources, local data vendors, and development of effective infrastructure and technology
* Continually develop, enhance, and leverage detailed knowledge of the local economy and real estate markets
* Contribute effectively to all national and regional research reports with specified local market content
* Take on an active project management role to become the lead on client presentations and a variety of other ad hoc projects as needed
* Contribute to quarterly and monthly market statistics process, including collection, verification, and final analysis specific to the market
* Implement improved quarterly reporting methodology to the LA metro industrial market quarterly process
* Proactively deliver information and insights on market and economic activity, conditions, trends, and forecasts
* Support Blackbird presentations for the Inland Empire Industrial team and rest of LA area industrial brokerage
* Respond to all internal and external requests for insight, data, and information
* Partner with LA-based industrial service line professionals, namely Supply Chain & Logistics, Business & Economic Incentives, and Project Development Services, to support those lines of the business
* Support the brokerage team by providing financial analysis spreadsheets, namely comparative lease, purchase, and sale analytics utilizing Excel and/or Argus software
* Track, maintain and disseminate detailed data for critical indicators including lease comparables, sale comparables, land comparables, construction development pipelines and active tenants in the market
* Contribute to special research reports and white papers relating to the Port of Long Beach and LAX International Airport
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor s degree in business, economics, real estate, or related field required
* Related work experience of at least five years
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Advanced proficiency with the following software programs: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Costar
* Experience with Argus, preferred
* Basic understanding of real estate markets and dedication to learning local markets and business
* Strong analytical skills, problem solving skills, and ability to process and analyze data
* Ability to effectively and professionally meet client expectations and positively represent the firm
* Ability to multi-task, succeed under pressure, and effectively manage time and workload
* Exceptional written and oral communication skills and ability to work independently and collaboratively
* A desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at http://www.us.jll.com/united-states/en-us/pages/careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job 43508BR
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.