Senior Revenue Accountant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 2/3/2017
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONVeritas Technologies enables organizations to harness their information, bolstering business success in even the most complex environments. We serve organizations of all sizes, including 86 percent of global Fortune 500 companies, boast revenues of $2.5 billion, execute with approximately 8,000 employees, and operate in over 40 countries.
We are currently looking for a Senior Revenue Accountant to join our Revenue Recognition team.
* Actively participates in revenue contract negotiations in collaboration with Legal, Sales, and Revenue Operations teams.
* Participates in routine accounting close activities, including deal reviews, preparation of journal entries, reconciliations and related fluctuation analysis of the company s balance sheet and income statement that provides basis for external financial reporting.
* Articulates issues and recommendations in a crisp and concise manner to enable better decision-making. Interaction with external auditors is expected.
* Evaluates revenue policies to make sure they align with the business and make economic sense.
* Provides training to business partners while working closely with them to ensure consistency in application of policies and practices, if necessary.
* Takes a clean sheet of paper approach when revisiting operational processes.
* One of us: BS in Accounting or Finance is required. CPA or equivalent preferred.
* You re wise: Minimum 3 years of similar experience. Previous experience with a software company is highly desirable. Big 4 experience is a plus.
* You speak our language: Understand the basics of Software Revenue Recognition and Hardware Revenue Accounting.
* We get you and you get us: Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are required.
* You get it done: Excellent time and project management skills can coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in a high-paced business culture. Proficiency in Excel is needed.
* Hey! I m flexible: Ability to work in a matrix team environment.
* There is no I in Team: Collaborate effectively with team members to resolve complex problems.
* Develops and streamline processes using system automation and tools to maximize efficiency and accuracy of revenue accounting systems and processes.
* Ensures revenue controls are compliant with SOX 404 requirements.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.