Senior Revenue Accountant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Overland Park, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting the Regional Controller with process management over the Revenue Recognition cycle for all areas of the company. The Senior Revenue Accountant will be responsible for the following:
* Support Regional Controller for specified regions
* Ensuring that Netsmart complies with financial policies and procedures.
* Assist in budgeting process, financial plans, forecast and outside audits
* Contract review and set up in company accounting system and CRM, managing order fulfillment, and backlog to revenue reconciliations.
* Intensive review of complex and unique sales contracts for software licenses, fees, and multi-element arrangements for when and how revenue can be recognized and to assist in the billing process.
* Works with the Accounts Receivable team that does the billing and collecting and ensuring that they are billing in accordance with contract terms.
* Works with General Ledger team to ensure that all revenue is being recognized appropriately and accounted for in the appropriate areas.
* Responsible for helping with the Processes and General Ledger accounts related to the Revenue Recognition aspect of our business during the Month End Close. The focus would be surrounding estimates to accomplish a GAAP compliant, timely and accurate close.
* Review revenue streams, process milestones and delivery items
* Develop and expand knowledge of region s largest clients
* Coordinate discussions with regional team including Project Operations Managers, Collections and Billing
* Work with Contract Admin Group on regional credits and amendments
* Work with Project Operations Managers to resolve PSA issues
* Provide support to the Manager of Revenue Recognition and Regional Controller.
* Mentor Revenue Analyst
* Experience related to Revenue Recognition for Computer Software sales OR 3+ years solid Audit experience in Big 4.
* Bachelor s degree in accounting or finance
* CPA or other equivalent experience; MBA preferred
* Strong understanding of US GAAP with expertise in revenue recognition (experience with software revenue recognition preferred)
* Time management and organizational skills
* Flexible, proactive with the ability to work with minimal day-to-day supervision
* High level of professionalism with internal and external customers
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
* Preferred experience with systems: Great Plains, Salesforce, Softrax
* Proven ability to consistently meet deadlines and exhibit flexibility to change
* Ability to communicate efficiently and display strong analytical skills
* Ability to work overtime and irregular hours when needed
It all begins with a Spark! At Netsmart we look for exceptional professionals who enjoy being part of a fast-paced and innovative environment. We value individual contributions in a team setting and offer a progressive set of support tools and training. We are proud to offer an excellent compensation package, which includes a complete suite of benefits for full-time associates.
Other benefits include:
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance available Day 1
* Life Insurance
* Short/Long Term Disability
* 401(k) Plan/EAP
Netsmart is committed to helping health and human services providers deliver effective, recovery-based care.
To learn about our culture, industry and job opportunities visit our career site, facebook or twitter account.
Ignite your career today!