Senior Revenue Accountant - 8144
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
Palo Alto Networks
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
Palo Alto Networks is one of the hottest tech companies in the enterprise security industry and the pioneer of a next generation security platform that allows companies to secure networks from known and unknown cyber threats, and safely enable the increasingly complex and rapidly growing number of applications running on corporate networks.
We are looking for a Senior Revenue Accountant to join our growing team. This position will be located at our office in Santa Clara.
* Revenue month end close support such as preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, and analysis for timely and accurate close.
* Prepare and review monthly executive close package.
* Review impact of linked arrangements both within and cross quarters.
* Review transactions for manual linkage and process in SAP
* Work with IT to develop report analytics to support financial reporting
* Identify and implement process improvements in the order-to-cash process
* Assist in establishing and monitoring the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures and accounting policies
* Support system implementation related to revenue processes
* Assist with SOX compliance and external audits
* Partner with cross functional teams on key areas of responsibility
* Assist in special projects
* Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting; CPA preferred
* Minimum five years relevant experience required. Two years Big 4 public accounting experience desired. Experience with high technology clients and/or revenue recognition a plus. Should be familiar with closes processes, account reconciliations and journal entry preparation
* Experience in ASC 985-605, ASC 605-25, ASU 2009-13, ASU 2009-14 and ASC 606 is desired
* Team player and solid communicator (written and verbal skills)
* Detail oriented with focus on accuracy and precision
* Strong interpersonal skills and an eagerness to learn
* Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities effectively in order to meet deadlines, and possess a willingness to take on new challenges
* Experience working in publicly-traded, high-tech, high-growth Company preferred
* Experience with SAP ERP a plus
* High Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel and Word)
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts
Palo Alto Networks competes for the best talent. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits, including 401(K). Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.